Retirement

-
Congrats! I'll be 65 in June, but I still love what I do and think I'm going to work for a few more years. I plan on taking more time off this year to attend some meets and such though.

Congrats Jean-Guy and the rest of the retirees on this post. I'm still 8-9 years away. Considering the winters we get here in the frozen tundra, it may not be such a bad thing for me to still be working. I would be suicidal otherwise, lol!

Congrats buddy . our union pooched our pension so I may be joining wheels in the freedom when you die program but in the meantime I'm going to work as little as I can and drive my Barracuda as far as I can LOL ...

good luck with your retirement jean-guy . i bet by summer you will be enjoying
your free time big time .

Congratulations on your retirement. Over the past 9 years I have retired and gone back to work 3 times, finally realized that I needed something to do so I found a place that could use me a couple of days a week. Summer was great but I was going stir crazy in the winter.

Although you and I have talked about your retirement in private, here is my public CONGRATS. I know your are having fun from your emails. Happy New Year to you an the rest of the clan.

I am now measuring my retirement date in months and there aren't to many of them left. hehehe

Jack

Congratulations man! Enjoy your time off. I will be 60 in June so I'm not too far behind.
tmm

congrats!!!! it is a milestone...
I still work few days a week in summer for "car parts" $$$! rather work somewhere in winter or have a heated shop!??? LOL
maybe there should be a "retired" site to teach us guys how to cope that has worked all their lives???? LOL

Kudos to you.I hope you like it. I have been for some time now.Other than that fixed income thing,,(wife keeps tellin' me to get a job if I want another project car..) life's not bad.Part time work can be fun. Keep busy with your projects.

Congratualations! I retired at the end of last February and since have gone to more
car shows and towed cars more miles than I ever did in any three years previously.

Narrowly missed going to Texas yesterday to bring back Hemi Denny's next project car.

Even with super cheap fuel, shipping it was a better deal.

Congrats buddy . our union pooched our pension so I may be joining wheels in the freedom when you die program but in the meantime I'm going to work as little as I can and drive my Barracuda as far as I can LOL ...

I'm in the same boat as you.

This can not be stressed enough. I am securities licensed and always trying to convince the younger crowd to save/invest early in life. Some get it, some don't.

I just wish someone had told me this when I was younger. I'm doing it now but didn't start till I was 35 or so. Things will be kinda tight when I retire.

I am now measuring my retirement date in months and there aren't to many of them left. hehehe
Jack

You probably know how this goes; you start by counting down the months, then the months and weeks, then just the weeks, then the days, then the days and hours to just hours, minutes maybe, then BINGO. When you get down to just hours, it does not take much to make you smile and are never in a bad mood. This is the time when the boss never makes a bad decision. Take it from somebody who knows.

PS Retirement party coming soon

Jean-Guy

-
Back