Rev limiter on FBO ignition?

-

RDJ

Reaction score
I have a "stockish" FBO ignition system on my 408 (chrome box, stock but recurved dist, ballast resistor). Is there a rev limiter I can use with this? I've never used a rev limiter before, but this car gets up there in a hurry.

I tried calling FBO a couple of times and no answer and no message machine. did they fold, go on vacation or something?

I hope to do the same thing with rev limiter for FBO. If I hear of something I'll let you know.

i run a cheap procomp rev limiter on my 340 with orange box and has worked good for 40ish dollars, has a knob to set the limit where ever instead of using pills

Why not just use the msd e curve dizzy? (I'm using it), you dont need a box and they have built in rev limiters that are super easy to adjust! Any easier and a baby sucking on it's momma's t*t could do it.

Thanks 70aarCuda for the link. Do you know how that wires into the OEM/FBO dist or control box?

FBO is factory based so any aftermarket "add on" rpm limiter will work.

Thanks for the responses. Since I have no experience with them, I didn't want to get one and find out that it only works with special ignition systems.

I found one of those procomp rev limters on ebay for $27 + $5 shipping. Hopefully it isn't a piece of crap. A little short on $$ right now after spending way too much on my the rest of my car.

Now I have to figure out what RPM to set it at. I only have about 30 miles on the car and it needs some tuning.

-
Back