Reverse light switch on a 3spd?

-
I have 2 1970 340 dusters, one is a four speed the other is a three speed. The 3 speed car has no reverse light. Not sure if that applies to 1972, but I would assume so.

There's a plug on the driver's side of the trans near the back, or on the back end, where the switch screws in.
When the reverse gear is engaged, it touches the end of the switch and makes the circuit complete to ground and turns on the light.

There's a plug on the driver's side of the trans near the back, or on the back end, where the switch screws in.
When the reverse gear is engaged, it touches the end of the switch and makes the circuit complete to ground and turns on the light.
Thank you, I know how it works, I just wasn't sure whether the 3 spds got them or not, the dash has no hole for it, and I know my 69 RR had it and my 73 Cuda but they were both 4spds...never had an A-Body before.

My only experience with a manual was my buddy's 63 Valiant Signet, which had back up lights.....and the switch is not setting in deep enough to work.
He has to pull on the shifter in reverse to get the lights on.

-
Back