Reverse lights and neutral safety.

-

ellard83

Reaction score
Recently replaced neutral safety. Reverse lights didn't work before or after. Found out the switch works when removed and reverse lights work. If I push the switch in the lights turn off so it seems the switch cannot extend far enough when installed. Installed back in trans and then back it out two turns and now lights work as should when moving shifter.

So is there different length neutral safety switches or am I missing a spacer?

What car?
What year?
What trans?
What electrical modifications?

Recently replaced neutral safety. Reverse lights didn't work before or after. Found out the switch works when removed and reverse lights work. If I push the switch in the lights turn off so it seems the switch cannot extend far enough when installed. Installed back in trans and then back it out two turns and now lights work as should when moving shifter.

I use a power valve gasket to space the switch out .
Thick fibre washer/pan plug gskt ?

I had the same problem on my Duster. Bought a new NSS from NAPA and it did not work. Returned it and bought a NOS one from EBay that worked. Think the length was a bit different but did not compare the two.

-
Back