Rewiring with a EZ WIRING HARNESS and have a question

-

64sf

Reaction score
I'm a little confused, but here's my shot at this..........

NOTHING at the cluster terminals labeled for gauges gets power. That is, oil, temp, fuel. These are SENDER wires, and the senders control that line to ground

In other words the "circuit path" is

Coming off the IGN switch IGN1 terminal or "ignition run" branches off and feeds the instrument panel connector.

So you have "ignition run"...........cluster connector..........IVR.......to the gauges.........through each gauge........out the cluster connector on the sender wires...........off to the senders........through the senders...........to ground.

Those diagrams aren't that great. You can download a factory shop manual for free, here's our thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970088617

The 67 manuals actually coming from "MyMopar

So if you download the "67Dart / Charger / Coronet" and use the Coronet diagram..........

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=31

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1967_Dart_Coronet_Charger_Service_Manual.zip

Below is page 312 plus or minus. The "dash" page numbers don't work the way these have been posted

Notice that you can follow where the cluster stuff goes just by following the pc board traces on the back.

(I posted that wrong it's a Dart cluster, but illustrates how they "look")

Make sure to repair the loose broken connector pins, check continuity and solder the IVR socket contacts, replace the IVR with a good one and tighten the gauge stud nuts

Now, in the second from bottom, find IGN1. This is "ignition run" and is hot ONLY in "run." This is what supplies the regulator / ignition in the engine bay, and splits off to feed warning lights and the IVR power for the gauges

On the second from bottom diagram, find the circular PC board connector, and wire G5-18DBL. This is circuit G5 and is a no 18 wire, Dark BLue That wire eventually ends up branching into the IGN1 "run" wire

Look at 4th from the bottom, top right, directly under the heater switch. There's a splice there, and "G5" is coming in off the right hand of the page. The wire feeding off to the right J2-16DBL off the page, comes back in from the left of the diagram 2nd from bottom. This is easier in the shop manuals because I've had to split the diagrams. Anyhow "J2" is coming off IGN1 of the ignition switch.

Hope that isn't terribly confusing.

Attachments

• 67cluster.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 239
  • engine1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 321
  • engine2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 221
  • inst1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 212
  • inst2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 213
  • inst3.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 221
  • inst4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 210
I'm a little confused, but here's my shot at this..........

NOTHING at the cluster terminals labeled for gauges gets power. That is, oil, temp, fuel. These are SENDER wires, and the senders control that line to ground

In other words the "circuit path" is

Coming off the IGN switch IGN1 terminal or "ignition run" branches off and feeds the instrument panel connector.

So you have "ignition run"...........cluster connector..........IVR.......to the gauges.........through each gauge........out the cluster connector on the sender wires...........off to the senders........through the senders...........to ground.

Those diagrams aren't that great. You can download a factory shop manual for free, here's our thread:

The 67 manuals actually coming from "MyMopar

So if you download the "67Dart / Charger / Coronet" and use the Coronet diagram..........

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1967_Dart_Coronet_Charger_Service_Manual.zip

Below is page 312 plus or minus. The "dash" page numbers don't work the way these have been posted

Notice that you can follow where the cluster stuff goes just by following the pc board traces on the back.

(I posted that wrong it's a Dart cluster, but illustrates how they "look")

Make sure to repair the loose broken connector pins, check continuity and solder the IVR socket contacts, replace the IVR with a good one and tighten the gauge stud nuts

Now, in the second from bottom, find IGN1. This is "ignition run" and is hot ONLY in "run." This is what supplies the regulator / ignition in the engine bay, and splits off to feed warning lights and the IVR power for the gauges

On the second from bottom diagram, find the circular PC board connector, and wire G5-18DBL. This is circuit G5 and is a no 18 wire, Dark BLue That wire eventually ends up branching into the IGN1 "run" wire

Look at 4th from the bottom, top right, directly under the heater switch. There's a splice there, and "G5" is coming in off the right hand of the page. The wire feeding off to the right J2-16DBL off the page, comes back in from the left of the diagram 2nd from bottom. This is easier in the shop manuals because I've had to split the diagrams. Anyhow "J2" is coming off IGN1 of the ignition switch.

:D
call e z and ask for Sean, he`s busy, maybe hard to get a hold of. he is one smart dude,he can instantly tell u what u want to know. I`m not totaly done w/ mine, been working on the engine - body, but everything worked off of the battery up to the final wireing for start up. hope he`s still there, cause it`s been awhile since I started this resto mod--------------bob

i'm a little confused, but here's my shot at this..........

Nothing at the cluster terminals labeled for gauges gets power. That is, oil, temp, fuel. These are sender wires, and the senders control that line to ground

in other words the "circuit path" is

coming off the ign switch ign1 terminal or "ignition run" branches off and feeds the instrument panel connector.

So you have "ignition run"...........cluster connector..........ivr.......to the gauges.........through each gauge........out the cluster connector on the sender wires...........off to the senders........through the senders...........to ground.

the 67 manuals actually coming from "mymopar

so if you download the "67dart / charger / coronet" and use the coronet diagram..........

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1967_dart_coronet_charger_service_manual.zip

below is page 312 plus or minus. The "dash" page numbers don't work the way these have been posted

notice that you can follow where the cluster stuff goes just by following the pc board traces on the back.

(i posted that wrong it's a dart cluster, but illustrates how they "look")

make sure to repair the loose broken connector pins, check continuity and solder the ivr socket contacts, replace the ivr with a good one and tighten the gauge stud nuts

now, in the second from bottom, find ign1. This is "ignition run" and is hot only in "run." this is what supplies the regulator / ignition in the engine bay, and splits off to feed warning lights and the ivr power for the gauges

on the second from bottom diagram, find the circular pc board connector, and wire g5-18dbl. This is circuit g5 and is a no 18 wire, dark blue that wire eventually ends up branching into the ign1 "run" wire

look at 4th from the bottom, top right, directly under the heater switch. There's a splice there, and "g5" is coming in off the right hand of the page. The wire feeding off to the right j2-16dbl off the page, comes back in from the left of the diagram 2nd from bottom. This is easier in the shop manuals because i've had to split the diagrams. Anyhow "j2" is coming off ign1 of the ignition switch.

thank you…will study this a little more and probably call ez wire as suggested.

:D
call e z and ask for Sean, he`s busy, maybe hard to get a hold of. he is one smart dude,he can instantly tell u what u want to know. I`m not totaly done w/ mine, been working on the engine - body, but everything worked off of the battery up to the final wireing for start up. hope he`s still there, cause it`s been awhile since I started this resto mod--------------bob

Thank you! Will try to reach them this week.

Thank you! Will try to reach them this week.

And THIS in my opinion, underlines the very problem with several of these outfits. If the damn things were properly documented in the first place, you would not have to "phone home" to sort out what amounts to the same problems with any Mopar.

And THIS in my opinion, underlines the very problem with several of these outfits. If the damn things were properly documented in the first place, you would not have to "phone home" to sort out what amounts to the same problems with any Mopar.

Agree 100%

-
Back