reworking a fully restored car

-

cannucky

The Guy With No Birthday
Reaction score
As most of you know I paid someone a lot of money to restore my car , it started out as a paint job but they ended up milking me for @50k this was for new body panels , a transmission that went to shyte in less than 5000 miles , a top end rebuild /upgrade that ended up killing my 318 , rings got smashed on the ridge left in the cylinders , cam has flat spots lifters have wear grooved etc...,8 3/4 rear end that is so crooked that both rear wheels have pretty serious toe in as measured by a long time Mopar mechanic that is a member on FABO and the list goes on to include pretty much everything I was charged for being crap . Now to the new part , as some of you also know I damaged the lower rear valance at Moparfest this year , no biggy I wanted to swap it for the proper dual exhaust valance anyway but now we are cutting into the work I paid a lot of money for including the "new" trunk floor , not because it has to be cut to replace the valance but because the " new " trunk floor is in fact the same rusted floor that was in the car that was covered with short strand glass resin and then undercoated, of course now that it is 6 years or so later it is now completely rotted within the glass . Without calling anybody names I will be posting pictures of what my money bought so that there is no confusion or he said she said ambiguity .

Hint: I guess I should have bought a trunk floor when I bought the valance and cross member , luckily I have a local friend that can probably cut what I need out of a car he has been using for his own project , hopefully I can stop cutting before I reach the front bumper .

Yikes!!! Hate to hear stories like this! Hope it's limited to just what's being replaced!!

Sorry to hear Chris. If you paid for a new trunk pan and he glassed over the orig one, there would be a discussion with $$ coming back your way.

Sorry to hear Chris. If you paid for a new trunk pan and he glassed over the orig one, there would be a discussion with $$ coming back your way.

There were numerous discussions regarding the body and paint quality and bottom line is he never produced a receipt for the work when I picked up the car . For almost 2 years and many payments to cover the book of hand written receipts that were supposed to be typed up into one full document at the end of the job , this guy does cash only and got me good , there's no money coming back all I can do is cost him future money , I have been doing that for 5 years now and I know for a fact I have cost him way more than he got me for , this thread is going to be a detailed with pictures tear down and redo of the body work described above and the 8 3/4 will be going into a new housing after which I will photograph just how effed the one he sold me and charged me to lengthen is along with the lies I was told about each section as we go through them .

Send him the link!

This is also being posted over on Mopar-eh the Canadian Mopar forum and I know some of his wankers are ghosting in the shadows over there so he knows , anybody that takes the time will find his name on their own and you would be surprised how many people I have shown the car to and scared them away from the guy .

Remember a happy customer may tell nobody but an unhappy customer tells everybody and I will never go away and never stop telling everybody about this guy , he will lose 100 times what he got me for and I will still be showing his crap to anybody thinking of doing business with him , no he said she said just photographic proof and if you want it real life eyeball proof !

Dang man sorry to hear that. Hope it all gets sorted out! Still have a beautiful car

Chris...I think we need to get "The Posse" together for a chin-wag in light of these recent revelations. Lemme know when's good.

peeled out a bunch of the sound membrane and took some pics but they haven't come through my email server for some reason , I'll have to find the USB cord that came with the phone I am using as a camera because thats the only cord the phone recognizes for data transfer DOH ! Suffice to say the back half of the trunk floor is swiss cheese under kitty hair , they coated it with the kitty hair then POR-15ed it to look like it was rust proofed , and this guy's wife threatened to use their trust fund to sue me for slandering an" honorable man" , time to call RPS again and get a whole new trunk floor heading this way I guess .

I feel for you Cannucky. I've just started my legal battle withe body man who started work on my car. It never ceases to amaze me how unscrupulous some people can be. I guess they just don't have any concern for integrity.

I feel for you Cannucky. I've just started my legal battle withe body man who started work on my car. It never ceases to amaze me how unscrupulous some people can be. I guess they just don't have any concern for integrity.

yeah this guy considers himself the King of Canadian Mopar , he owned a couple of Tranny shops with his brothers and now that he's retired he built a body shop in his backyard to go with his mechanical shop , he's got a couple of cash workers out there and is playing both ends against the middle , what should I have expected from a proud former AAMCO Transmission guy eh!

As most of you know I paid someone a lot of money to restore my car , it started out as a paint job but they ended up milking me for @50k this was for new body panels , a transmission that went to shyte in less than 5000 miles , a top end rebuild /upgrade that ended up killing my 318 , rings got smashed on the ridge left in the cylinders , cam has flat spots lifters have wear grooved etc...,8 3/4 rear end that is so crooked that both rear wheels have pretty serious toe in as measured by a long time Mopar mechanic that is a member on FABO and the list goes on to include pretty much everything I was charged for being crap . Now to the new part , as some of you also know I damaged the lower rear valance at Moparfest this year , no biggy I wanted to swap it for the proper dual exhaust valance anyway but now we are cutting into the work I paid a lot of money for including the "new" trunk floor , not because it has to be cut to replace the valance but because the " new " trunk floor is in fact the same rusted floor that was in the car that was covered with short strand glass resin and then undercoated, of course now that it is 6 years or so later it is now completely rotted within the glass . Without calling anybody names I will be posting pictures of what my money bought so that there is no confusion or he said she said ambiguity .

Hint: I guess I should have bought a trunk floor when I bought the valance and cross member , luckily I have a local friend that can probably cut what I need out of a car he has been using for his own project , hopefully I can stop cutting before I reach the front bumper .
WTF ,Hope the guy gets what he deserves .

heres a couple of pics of the "new trunk floor" installed by this guy and his "professionals" , more to follow .

ps the bright white spots are the sun reflecting up from the garage floor through the rot holes.

Attachments

• IMG_20151002_161600.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,280
  • IMG_20151002_161623.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,260
  • IMG_20151003_160517.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,250
  • IMG_20151003_160502.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,245
Dang Cannucky . Sorry to hear . Your not alone. Happens all the time in restoration business no matter how much you research. I lost $12000 ,might as well have flushed it down the toilet at least I would have gotten some use out of it. Had to rework the car myself. Had several conversations with the guy , saw his work , Met the family so on and so on. Best thing to do is move on but I would surly let anyone know that was thinking of using them " think twice". I hope you get things going.

Have heard this story way too many times before that's the reason i do all my own work [except machine work] i can't trust or waste good money on bad work and if it is screwed up i only have to blame myself and do it over again!!!!

That is ugly,, It's times like this I wish I had a magic wand,,

I don't get headaches,, but I've got the feeling I'm looking at one... lol..

See you Tuesday..

wow , that is some fugly work ! what did it look like when it left the so called shop ?

I had an issue with a driveshaft shop at the beginning of the season, sure makes me feel better to steer business away from them! Good luck righting the wrongs along the way, sounds like this "body" guy needs a curb stomping... :violent1:

it looked shiny and black like they had POR 15 ed it which is of course what they said they had done to the new floor they had charged me for , this guys work has been a string of BS ,I plan on dissecting the back end now and replacing everything bad I find , I will continue adding pictures as I go then at the end I am going to add a complete list of everything else I have replaced or reworked that this guy did to my car , for the record he shredded my car and started from scratch so the list of his incompetence is a long one .
PS yes I will include pics of everything I replaced that I haven't already chucked or given away for cores to my fellow FABO guys .

The funny thing is he takes his own cars elsewhere to have them restored.
Yeah then he tells everyone they were done at his shop{he built a body shop the year before my car went in} ,at least he was when mine went in ,probably not so much now that I've been telling everyone for the past few years and showing them my car , he's been fashioning himself as a race shop with a Dyno but his mechanical work is all crap on my car as well so that arguement goes out the window eh ! stupid thing is there are still some tards out there that think he isn't screwing them like the guy that Inertia took for a ride in my car to show him why he didn't need to change his car to a big block , after crapping his pants and coming back grinning from ear to ear he went and made a deal with Wille Wanker to convert his car to big block anyway starting with a $2800 727 , I'm going to make a point of hunting him down and smoking his freshly converted Challenger when he gets the car finished LOL !

-
Back