RH 273 motor mount bracket pic?

-

Reaction score
Any one happen to have a pic of what the RH motor mount bracket looks like on a 1965 Dart GT with a 273? I am having doubts that mine has the correct one. The bracket has three mounting holes in it, but only two line up with the block. Seems to me there should be more than two bolts in it. There is three on the LH side. If it matters the car now has a 1976 318 in it. But I would think the spots on the block should be the same. Thanks for any help!!

I think I may have found my problem. Right mounts, wrong engine. Looks like the 273 had the twin ears (two bolt holes) on the back on the RH side, and the 318 has the twin holes on the front on the RH side. Correct?? Curious what others have done about this? I am thinking about welding a piece on to the bracket to line up with that hole. Any ideas?? Thanks!!

I think you answered your own question. Some blocks have provision for 4 ears on the block for the motor mount bracket....some engine blocks only have 3 ears. Depending on year and engine size, they may use a different three ears. Sometimes you just have to weld a tab onto the bracket for the 3rd ear.

Yep,
Welded and ear on the mount. Turned out great. Another lesson learned!

Here is pictures of engine support on 1965 Dodge Dart w/273.

Attachments

• Bild 014.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 664
  • Bild 015.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 372
Here is pictures of engine support on 1965 Dodge Dart w/273.

Yep those are my mounts. Just as I have now learned a later block. Adding the ear on the RH mount worked out great. BUT got the new rubber mounts I ordered of of fleabay and boy are that wrong!!! Not even close to right. Tinny little things the Westfield says fit. Yea right! So I broke down and ordered the Schumacher kit with the poly-lock mounts. Hated to spend that much $ but, well I just got tired of messing with it. At least it will be fixed right now! Thanks to every one for all the help!!!!

For a time, I ran a later model v8 in mine while the 273 was out. I cut/welded another mounting hole from a truck mount I had lying around onto it.

Here is what it looks like with my 273 mounted to it now. (Suppose I could knock it back off at some point, but didnt seem to hurt to leave it there.)

Attachments

• Right-Mount.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 399
-
Back