Rhoads Lifters

-

Darter6

Reaction score
For flat tappet cams.Anybody using them? Likes ? Dislikes ? Are they too old school ? :-?

I have used them a couple of times before. They do so have a tick that can be heard, I do not find it troublesome to the ears. They (Rhodes) advertise there bennifits in which I can attest to that they will do exactly as advertised.

I have used them as direct swap outs. The next engine will use pushrods that only depress the lifter approx..010+ a little more since the last .010 and less is not advisable for use or as a limit. This will give maximum use of the variable lifters abilty.

At one point a few of us freinds used them on the intake side only to create a fake and temporary split cam for low end driving. The combo was a little mismatched. The lowering of the intakes duration helped in the street manors of the car.
(It really needed more converter)

I have a set in my new 340 build, I should have it running somtime later this month. I will let you know

340 30 over
284/484 purple shaft
10.5:1 pistons
750 afb
stock intake x heads and 273 manifolds
yea I know I need more exhaust, but that is what I have and that is what I am going to use until break in.
then maybe dougs
I plan on useing a set of adjustable rockers and heavier springs once it is broke in

Attachments

• 1382158_10151635189632021_255469222_n.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 375
I've been using them for over 25 years now. they're great! Ran them in both weekend cars and daily drivers over 200,000 miles without any problems.

I like them a lot. Have only used them a few times, but they worked well. Now however, they have a new product called V Max lifters. If I use Rhoads again, those will be what I use. They adjust from the bottom. You use a feeler gauge the same as a solid to adjust them. They are adjustable as to how much duration they remove at low RPM. Then duration is restored at around 4K RPM. However, it is restored by RPM, not by oil pressure, so the lifters have no effect on oil pressure. Theymake two styles of the V Max lifters. The regular type and the "super lube". The super lube features a vertical notch in the lifter that allows direct oiling to the cam lobes. Those are the style I would get. Read about the.

http://www.rhoadslifters.com/Pages/vpro_street.html

They also have a race version that can be used on a solid camshaft as well. That is the only hydraulic lifter I know of that can be used on a solid. They are very high quality lifters.

Thanks for the info.I know Rhoades have been around for a long,long time. Kid, I had a new set sitting on the shelf and they went into my brothers Hemi project with a hyd. cam.Adjusted them per the directions. They sure are noisey.But the car runs fine.Old school tech is what I was thinking about.I've been told that I'm still in the dark ages when it comes to doing things on the cars.

Great product. I needed those V max direct lube lifters,back in 07. Man,those sound sweet.

Whe they have been arond for a long time, they still work as described. It's the old school way of doing what is new and happening now. The lifter has approx. 10*'s of variation. (More detail at there website)

There a good way to get more out of your camshaft and engine.

-
Back