RHS 410 update...

-
I guess I would need a mechanical water pump for that haha. My car likes to run 180-190 with a under drive crank pulley

When I said mine ran the most consistant at 160 I should have mentioned that in texas in the summer the track temp can be over 140 on the starting line with the ambient temp over 100 easy, holding temp at 160 would be eqivulant to 140 ish anywhere else. For bracket racing the most important thing is to have to same temp when staging time after time and a decent set of weather guages dont hurt either. As far as cold makes more power thats why people pump massive amount of Nitrous into the cylinders is to cool the combustion chamber down even more, the cooler it is the more gas you can put in there.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=153173&stc=1&d=1274509785

IMAG00051.jpg

I've always heard it said to run an engine with the block in a BBQ pit and the heads in the icebox.......

Bolted the 950HP on, and made 7HP more but it was a bit fat. So I stuck the 1" open spacer back on and leaned the carb out and made 493HP and 512TQ and moved the peak down from 5700 to 5500rpm. Avg TQ was down though...so it would have liked the carb leaned and no spacer.

Brian,

Have you considered trying a 4-hole tapered spacer with either carb and rejet, if needed?

This thread has been idle too long! :p

On other builds with dual plane intakes, the lose power everywhere with a 4 hole or 4 hole/tapered spacer. I don't try them anymore.

So, are the 4 hole tapered spacers better on single planes? The reason I ask is, I just put a 1” tapered spacer on my Air-Gap and it ran the same number right down to the thousands place….no gain whatsoever. I’m going to by a Victor later this month, but I thought about ditching the tapered spacer for an open spacer....???

So, are the 4 hole tapered spacers better on single planes? The reason I ask is, I just put a 1” tapered spacer on my Air-Gap and it ran the same number right down to the thousands place….no gain whatsoever. I’m going to by a Victor later this month, but I thought about ditching the tapered spacer for an open spacer....???

usually the tapered spacer is worth some power on a single plane intake. Jetting it may be in order.
If you just put a 1" open spacer on a dual plane, it will lean the engine considerably. I jet up anywhere from 3-5 per side!
It also drops the peak power down about 200rpm.

Brian, your experience with a spacer and dual plane kind of meshes with my "if it needs a spacer otehr than open you've got the wrong intake". Do you believe that's the case or is this line of testing more of a "peer pressure" and marketing deal to get spacers sold? (not by you... I'm refering to Wilson and manufacturers...)

Brian, your experience with a spacer and dual plane kind of meshes with my "if it needs a spacer otehr than open you've got the wrong intake". Do you believe that's the case or is this line of testing more of a "peer pressure" and marketing deal to get spacers sold? (not by you... I'm refering to Wilson and manufacturers...)

whos to say in reality there is not a one size fits all intake?

ever seen a fab'd custom intake-scienced design?

spacer pusher??
was that aimed at the shins?

-
Back