Rhs Indy X Head Thread

-
The car is VERY QUICK no doubt!I could feel the WHOLE car starting to get Really light and sort of you could say Floating. I stayed on course thru 3rd and then let off in 4th gear. I seriously think I need a Roll Cage it moves alot of ground VERY QUICKLY!! This is with a measly 3.55 gears!!!!!

sounds familiar...8)

I'm going to AAA cali speed way to run the 1/4 once I get the slicks on.

We outta run'em together.:cheers:

sounds familiar...8)

I'm going to AAA cali speed way to run the 1/4 once I get the slicks on.

We outta run'em together.:cheers:

Sounds great to me! I will bring my other buddy with the Hot 340 also, if he will do it. He spent alot of time on his car and he lives in Poway. He kind of is a sissy when it comes to driving his car long distances. I tease him about it all the time. Maybe he can trailer it........

Congrats on that first drive. Nothing like a hot 4" stroke small block on the streets!!

Awesome!

Man the torque that things makes,
it would pull like a train!
An behind a 4spd!
A match made in heaven!
I like your style ;)

Lookn forward to when you race it!

Good to hear the 3:55 gears work good with it too as that's what I'm running in my Cuda and like them so much better than the 4:10's it had when I cruise down the hwy. Hopefully I'll have my new 408 in and any bugs worked out by April at the latest and gain back the perf. it had with the 4:10 gears.

Good to hear the 3:55 gears work good with it too as that's what I'm running in my Cuda and like them so much better than the 4:10's it had when I cruise down the hwy. Hopefully I'll have my new 408 in and any bugs worked out by April at the latest and gain back the perf. it had with the 4:10 gears.

I swear it is like driving on ICE SKATES when you just ROMP on it..The 3.55 gears work great. I may take my Nodular 489 Case that is BRAND NEW with 3.91 Gears in the shop and have them switched out to a new set of 3.55's, or maybe just take the one out of the car and have it done up! That way I would have 3.55 for the street and 3.91 for the strip?

so you had the bushing in that limited mechanical to 10?

I bought my distributor from Don at 4secondsflat.com, he took my engine combination and did to it what was needed for my build. It was a plug and play deal for me. Set the initial timing and check the all in and it was right on the money per the tuning sheet that came with it.

All I know is it comes on like a freight train!!! haaaaa

Got the push rods from Manton. They are a pretty sweet piece!!
The push rod pinch area on the RHS Heads WILL allow the use of a a 3/8's pushrod.

I ordered 3/8 push rods .095 wall with 5/16 Ball and Cup ends that OIL THRU so the Rocker Adjusting Ball and Push Rod Tip will have pressurized oil. Brian at IMM engines suggested this trick.

I ordered these at around 10:30am and picked them up at 3:00pm TODAY! That is FAST!!!

Here they are..

View attachment 112485

View attachment 112486

View attachment 112487

View attachment 112488

View attachment 112489

I knew I had seen someone who had custom pushrods. How much did these run you?

I had Brian (IMM) order me some last week, not oil thru but 11/32" .120 wall Series 3 Mantons at $180 plus shipping.
Thanks, I was figuring around 160 and up, but we will see if i need custom ones or if the length I need can be purchased.

is that your shop pics!!!!! (on the first page)

wow reeeaallly nice (do you run crack to cuba with that boat ... just joking , beautiful garage, i'm jealous)

-
Back