Rhs Indy X Head Thread

-
That is why I want to drive it first with the 3.55 gears. I am running caltracs with Rancho 9000's in the rear with 90/10's upfront.

There suppose too work as well as a 4Link......for a hole lot less fab and money.

Can't what to here how it work with that kind of power. I thing I will go that route next time.

Are they the single mono leaf?

There sapost to work as well as a 4Link......for a hole lot less fab and money.

Can't what to here how it work with that kind of power. I thing I will go that route next time.

Are they the single mono leaf?

No I am using the bars only no split leafs. I am using wore out springs and alot of preload. I know a guy who uses 6 cylinder springs and it hooks really good, pulls the front tires and carry's them for a good while! He has a 70 Duster and runs a 440 with about 425 hp and a 250 shot right out of the hole. He runs a 6.20 in the 1/8 th.......109 mph

I will change out to the 6cyl springs if the ones I have wont do the job. I dont like the idea of split leafs on the street.

I believe they will do the job!!

http://www.calvertracing.com/gallery/vehicle22.html

The single leaf/mono worries me a bit..............But i have seen some might fast car running them. have never hear of one braking............ but it would make one h*l of a mess if it did.

Clutch Pivot Bracket should be here today and I will install it tonight.

To burn up some time I installed the Exhaust Cut outs, just finished them this morning........ I got exactly 18 " to the atmosphere from the collector!

Sounds Bitchen with them open! I also like the idea of flipping the switch and running FULL EXHAUST.....quiets it up a bit for sure!

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

right on!

whats left?

Was waiting for UPS on a Z Bar Pivot Bracket for the Quicktime Bellhousing that I have. UPS just came and of course it is wrong.......sooooo I am taking off early today and going to Rancho Metals so I can just Fab up my own. I will finish it tonight and hopefully be doing a shakedown run tomorrow!!

Was waiting for UPS on a Z Bar Pivot Bracket for the Quicktime Bellhousing that I have. UPS just came and of course it is wrong.......sooooo I am taking off early today and going to Rancho Metals so I can just Fab up my own. I will finish it tonight and hopefully be doing a shakedown run tomorrow!!

what do you mean its wrong? its totally the wrong peice again? make sure the peice you fab up is gusseted and has extra mounting holes below and above the starter ear for more strength like the other guys made theirs that way you can avoid any problems with deflection right off the bat

I have one, I'd just give it to you if you want it.
Weather or not you do, I'll dig it out anyways.

I had to make my own clutch fork pivot bracket due to my old hays strip clutch's pedal pressure that was bending/breaking the stock piece.

what do you mean its wrong? its totally the wrong peice again? make sure the peice you fab up is gusseted and has extra mounting holes below and above the starter ear for more strength like the other guys made theirs that way you can avoid any problems with deflection right off the bat

It was the TOTALLY wrong bracket, or I should say brackets cuz he sent me 2...both wrong

I made the new one tonight. I used part of the old bracket that I had and used 1/4 inch plate steel and fillet welded the backside and the front. No Gussets needed! It is not going anywhere.

Soooooo hooked up the steering linkage and I was going to set it on the ground for the test run tomorrow. I forgot to put Trans Oil in it....so tomorrow morning early I will go get some at NAPA. I need a new pump anyway. Test and Tune tomorrow for sure.

I had to make my own clutch fork pivot bracket due to my old hays strip clutch's pedal pressure that was bending/breaking the stock piece.

Thanks for the offer Justin! I got it handled for now, I think anyways....haaaa

Justin your not alone on that (although you may think that as i and others did as well)...im going to have to make my own too now since i have told Ross about the problem and he didnt give me many options, one especially being a big hassle for the customer

Mad i dont want to hijack here, but justin do you have any pics of the bracket you made? details on it i.e. dimensions, thickness, etc.

Here is the engine in the car......

410 stroker motor 001.jpg

410 stroker motor 002.jpg

410 stroker motor 004.jpg

005.jpg

I will be installing a small NOS system in a few weeks. I will buy the bigger unit and jet it down for a 100 Shot is all. I would rather have the bigger solenoids for a later date.

005.jpg

410 stroker motor 001.jpg

410 stroker motor 002.jpg

410 stroker motor 004.jpg

looks really good my friend! looks really good....by the way, i know i read it some where on here, can you please tell us the power it made? and, id love to hear a video!

looks really good my friend! looks really good....by the way, i know i read it some where on here, can you please tell us the power it made? and, id love to hear a video!

Thanks, It made 507 hp at 5700 Rpm and 504 Ft lbs at 4800 Rpm. It has some pretty good low down torque, the test started at 3000 Rpm and it was already making 424 Ft lbs of torque. The plan is to get it all to the ground. Numbers dont matter if you cant hook! It made the most power with a Holly 1000hp carb. I made a few adjustments to my 750 Mighty Demon that was running lean, if anything it is FAT now. I will know later today after I rev the $hittt out of it in 3rd gear and pull a plug!
I wired up the 2 Stage Rev limiter in conjunction with the Line Lock, I have it set at 3800 rpm for launch right now. I will test that today also. It all works I know that! Max Rev Limit is at 6200 Rpm for now exactly where it was ran to on the dyno.

MadDart the anticipation is killing me!And it is killing you I,m sure?Do a double check before tromping on it,not saying you wouldn,t.It could be the smallest thing overlooked that could wreak havoc.I hope you get the car out today,with some footage.You,ve done a great job and kudos for being level-headed during your build.Good Luck!Now,time for a smoke show!8)

Mad we need footage of you bouncin off that two step like a **** and screaming through the gears in the 4 speed! oh, and a nice little burnout beforehand to get some traction would be good too! GET ON IT! LOL have fun man!

Justin your not alone on that (although you may think that as i and others did as well)...im going to have to make my own too now since i have told Ross about the problem and he didnt give me many options, one especially being a big hassle for the customer

Mad i dont want to hijack here, but justin do you have any pics of the bracket you made? details on it i.e. dimensions, thickness, etc.

unfortunately it's in the bell right now.

I just took some 1/4 steel plate and traced the base of the stock piece, cut it out, then laid the stock piece on it's back traced it and cut it out, then marked where the tang slot/hole and bolt holes are and drilled it with a drill press and finished it off using a small carbide bit as well as slightly knife edging the base where the 2 meet 'to get good bead contact' and welded it up.
I also put a dull knife edge on the top where fork pivots/teeters.

Ok took it out for a shake down. All I can say is the damn thing is pretty quick.
Didnt go crazy or anything but I surely got on it. This engine makes the car feel REALLY LIGHT. At a roll in second gear at around 30-35 mph if I just stand on it the tires will get annihilated shift to 3rd and same thing without clutching it. I actually feel sorry for them.....haaaaa The front end is lifted the whole time. I will dial in the caltracs in the next few days and try an out of the hole start. I didnt get alot of time to mess with it today, will try again maybe tomorrow afternoon. I know for sure no new Camaro is going to build a reputation off of me!!!!!!!!!!! :toothy10:

Good to hear Louis!! People still think I'm full of $hit when I tell them an HONEST 500HP on the street is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!
Especially in an A body.

You'll never hook it entirely on the street no matter what type of suspension you have. Street is a very poor surface for traction and street driving builds a hard "crust" on the tire and is tough to get rid of once there.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian

seriously post a vid!!!! i need to know how it sounds.. i have a very similarly built 408 thats been sitting in my room for 3 years...

Good to hear Louis!! People still think I'm full of $hit when I tell them an HONEST 500HP on the street is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!
Especially in an A body.

You'll never hook it entirely on the street no matter what type of suspension you have. Street is a very poor surface for traction and street driving builds a hard "crust" on the tire and is tough to get rid of once there.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian

I know for sure you are NOT full of $hit!

The car is VERY QUICK no doubt! I could see how it could get away from you. My trick is to stay in it and grab the next gear..........haaaaaa
I was at a roll today in 1st gear and stood on it at around 15MPH short shifted into second wound it up to about 6200 RPM and it was STILL PULLING HARD grabbed third still in it and I could feel the WHOLE car starting to get Really light and sort of you could say Floating. I stayed on course thru 3rd and then let off in 4th gear. I seriously think I need a Roll Cage it moves alot of ground VERY QUICKLY!! This is with a measly 3.55 gears!!!!! Seems alot Lower than that. I have a brand new 3.91 set up with 7290 U Joints and U Bolt Pinion Yoke. I dont know about those gears until I get a Taller tire.

I will be taking it to the strip in January to Barona 1/8th mile, I think on the 9th. I hope to have it hooking good there. There is also some track time for us STREET guys at California Speedway starting in January.

seriously post a vid!!!! i need to know how it sounds.. i have a very similarly built 408 thats been sitting in my room for 3 years...

Video will come soon enough. I am by myself working and shaking it all down, I may be able to do a video next week when one of my buddy's comes down. He has the same car as mine with a HOT 340 in it with a 4spd. He is listening to how mine is running and was talking today about Yanking his motor and taking it to Brian @ IMM for some upgrades.

Congradulations MadDart:cheers:!I,d look into getting a bar atleast,might need one at the track(not sure on your rules?)I know here,faster than 11.49 and you need a bar and jacket.Good Luck!

-
Back