Rhs Indy X Head Thread

-
I had it running for about 2 hrs on and off today. It was idling and it
quit like I turned off the ignition. I am changing out the ballast. It turns
over and everything works except it don't start.. Just got the part 5 minutes
ago.

Congrats!Would it be to much to ask for just a little bit of sound video?Waiting to hear what my motor will sound like.(also building a 500plus hp 408)
Thanks.8)

Out of gas?

No not out of gas unless it sucks 11 gallons at idle in 2 Hrs......haaaaaa

The flippin distributor cap jumped off its spot and took out the Rotor and Cap.

SOOO installed a new Rotor and Cap then it fired right back up. I will post a video as soon as Quicktime sends me the new part I need for the Z Bar. No clutch so cant drive it! Everything else is all good. It sounds VERY TAME with the full 3" TTI exhaust system and Magnaflow Mufflers. I have some electric cut outs that I mocked up today and when they are installed the exhaust will dump exactly 18" from the collectors.
I should be able to install them this week.

Bummer,

I had a car break the center rotor tang in the distributor at about 80mph... talk about a giant backfire! My nephew that was in a truck following thought the flames out the exhaust were pretty cool!

Interested to see it up and rolling. Doesn't sound as nasty with the exhaust, that's a bummer.

You better lodge a new sig complaining about it....It can be your 3rd amendment and latest and largest obsession.

Good grief man, give it a thundering break. Nice freakin' thread hijack. Not cool at all. :angry7: Maybe the mods need to send you to the corner for awhile until ya chill out.

Glad you got it running again Mad Dart. Can't wait to see a video of this bad boy. Keep up the great work.

Wylde1.

Bummer,

I had a car break the center rotor tang in the distributor at about 80mph... talk about a giant backfire! My nephew that was in a truck following thought the flames out the exhaust were pretty cool!

Interested to see it up and rolling. Doesn't sound as nasty with the exhaust, that's a bummer.

My buddies dart with a smaller cam than mine same compression with X Pipe, short mufflers and downturns before the axle sounds really nasty.

Dont get me wrong, you can tell it is not STOCK for sure! Just quieter than I thought it would be. The Cut Outs will fix that problem in a hurry!

My buddies dart with a smaller cam than mine same compression with X Pipe, short mufflers and downturns before the axle sounds really nasty.

Dont get me wrong, you can tell it is not STOCK for sure! Just quieter than I thought it would be. The Cut Outs will fix that problem in a hurry!

Can't what to here your first experience with the skinny peddle on the right:supz:

big diff between open headers and full length exhaust.
You heard how mine sounded, not much more lumpier than the .528 in my 340, definitely a diff but you know what I mean, thats what more swept volume/cid does.
Muffler choice will impact tone as well, what mufflers does he have?

You might like the sound off the cut outs but probably won't dig the performance until you go up in gear and richen it up even more either.jmo

are you driving it yet?

If I have to edit anymore I will lock the threads.

MoparMal, I received your PM and the issue will be dealt with accordingly however you seem to be the one stirring the pot. Everyone else seems to staying on subject.

big diff between open headers and full length exhaust.
You heard how mine sounded, not much more lumpier than the .528 in my 340, definitely a diff but you know what I mean, thats what more swept volume/cid does.
Muffler choice will impact tone as well, what mufflers does he have?

You might like the sound off the cut outs but probably won't dig the performance until you go up in gear and richen it up even more either.jmo

are you driving it yet?

I am running Magnaflow mufflers. I changed the Carb around and if anything it is pretty rich now, dont want to spend the extra coin on the new carb just yet, Santa Claus needs to come to town!! I will find out when I get to drive it how rich it really is. The gears will be changed out after I drive it on the street a bit. I have a Suregrip and 3.55 gears in it now. I have a new 3rd member with Suregrip and 3.91's. After I get the bracket from quicktime that holds the Z bar in place it will be on the road. Hopefully this week. If not than I will make my own, 1 cut and 4 welds will fix the issue.

No need to try and rush it now after 18 months.....haaaaaa

What tires and size are you running MD?

M/T Street et's 27/10.50/15.......Side wall is 10.1" Tread is 9" and over all height is 27.1", If I can get them to fit. I will be using a 8" Rim with custom offset by wheel vintiques. Factory looking wheels.

M/T Street et's 27/10.50/15.......Side wall is 10.1" Tread is 9" and over all height is 27.1", If I can get them to fit. I will be using a 8" Rim with custom offset by wheel vintiques. Factory looking wheels.

27" tires with 3:91 gears and all that torque should be one heck of a screamer. Hooking it up good might be a challenge even with M/T streets. Alos of fun trying I'm sure.

BTW: Did you video the dyno session?

27" tires wit/h 3:91 gears and all that torque should be one heck of a screamer. Hooking it up good might be a challenge even with M/T streets. Alos of fun trying I'm sure.

BTW: Did you video the dyno session?

That is why I want to drive it first with the 3.55 gears. I am running caltracs with Rancho 9000's in the rear with 90/10's upfront. I am going to add some pinion shims also around 4* it is out.

I want the car to be really quick from light to light and hook. Screw those new Camaro's and Corvettes!!!!!!

I aint bullshittin!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaa

Brian I think did a small Video.

-
Back