RHS -X (LA) headed 416 has been to the track!

-
Originally Posted by dusterdoug
Who's that "Non-Puff Daddy"??

More like this...

1.jpg

Sta-Puft Daddy

Not bad for those heavy *** iron doorstops.

No you didn't...............haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:-D

WAIT! Before you toss those EQ heads note that we flowed a set right out of the box. We robbed a 2.02 out of the RHS and...with NO bowl blend for the 2.02, they outflowed the RHS by about 5 cfm up to .450. They were only about 10 (checked the notes!) cfm behind the RHS above that. Remember, no bowl blend...untouched except for the bigger seats and VJ. Chambers weren't shrouded either as with the RHS heads. I fully excpect them to flow the same numbers when we're done with the bowl blend.

Want a screw in stud and Chevy rockers on the EQ's? Have a GOOD machine shop drill out and re-tap the rocker bolt down holes. You'd have to to the same to the RHS Magnum version anyway...

Just food for thought...

Nope didn't get them from Brian.

Yeah, I saw that Hughes shows the Iron Ram outflowing the RHS heads on the exhaust side too. Maybe I'll get them gone over and throw some 2.02s in this winter.

EDIT: Sweet looking car by the way!

Steve

Yeah, I saw that Hughes has the Iron Ram outflowing the RHS heads on the exhaust side too. Maybe I'll get them gone over and throw some 2.02s in this winter.

EDIT: Sweet looking car by the way!

Steve

Thanks...but we call it a GREAT 60 foot car. It looks best at 60 feet away!

Oh yea, your're the 11-sec 5.9 mag guy! Read your 11-second thread the other day. Hats off to you! What a cool deal...11.90's with a Mag shortblock and those heads. I really dig that car! Good job with it!

Thanks...but we call it a GREAT 60 foot car. It looks best at 60 feet away!

LOL! They're all like that....

Oh yea, your're the 11-sec 5.9 mag guy! Read your 11-second thread the other day. Hats off to you! What a cool deal...11.90's with a Mag shortblock and those heads. I really dig that car! Good job with it!

Thanks man! Next trip to the track will have actual slicks and some drag shocks in the front. Hopefully there's more (less?) ET to come.

Keep us posted on yours, I'm sure it will be a lot quicker once you get it sorted. Those RHS heads are very impressive.

Steve

what port volume do you have with those RHS heads?
still 179cc intake runners ?

I finally dug up a barrette tube and measured my J's and = 184cc intake ports is what I have.

what port volume do you have with those RHS heads?
still 179cc intake runners ?

I finally dug up a barrette tube and measured my J's and = 184cc intake ports is what I have.

Don't know...didn't measure. Whatever they are supposed to be, less the bowl blend and the little guide trimming.

Checking a few things last night before TnT tonight...decided to put a timing light on it.

We THOUGHT the motor had 30*...we THOUGHT the crank trigger pick up was centered...we ASSumed we had it right WITHOUT CHECKING.

Motor had 28*. We put 2* in it, and guess what? Idles better and is a little crisper. Although it's not our first rodeo, you never run out of ways to feel STUUUUUPID!!

Cant wait to hear how you do tonight!
Since you are running 110VP Fuel, are you going to experiment with say 32-34* total timing? I am curious to know how it would respond.

A 28 retard on the timing is an easy to do thing. Feel not stupid but happy your found something that wasn't where ya put it. Now wheres my danm lighter.....

-
Back