Ribs & One Bad *** Car Guy Garage/Shop

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
Earlier this week, I put together a last minute dinner outing with approx. 16 local car folks at Armadillo Willy's for their "All You Can Eat Rib Night". I am proud to say that a FABO member (yours truly) won the rib eating contest. Delicious but painful. ;)

Afterwards, we were invited to see one of the guy's garage/shop. I had been to Joe's (aka: Sparky's) garage several times before but the majority of the group had never seen it. it is a car guy's/gal's auto mecca. Without giving a full-blown description, I'll let the pics speak for themselves. I'll post a teaser pic of the entrance but since there are so many images, click the link to see the 100+ shots I took. Enjoy!

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/MyCarsNStuff/SparkysGarage/

IMG_3926.jpg

What, no slot car track? :-D

Kidding aside, that garage looks more like an exhibit at the Peterson Museum!

Thank you for sharing Sparky's place with us GTXperience :cheers:
I see allot of hard work and fun has been going on there :happy10:
What a great place =P~=P~ I will be at his bar I seen 8)

and congrat's on the rib eating :-D how many and how long did it take ??

It's good to know some of the good guys have some of the green stuff to enjoy and it looks like Sparky has a artistic flare and fun member for sure :happy10::happy10::happy10:
The big Buck's mounted on the wall made me feel right at home :happy10:
Hay Sparky !! all that is missing is a slant six Rod :-D Congratulations on a well thought out place you have built :cheers: and I agree with John it's a Museum :happy10: and some cool eye candy 8)

What, no slot car track? :-D

Kidding aside, that garage looks more like an exhibit at the Peterson Museum!

You know, that's the one thing I can't remember seeing there. That absolutely ruins it for me. I'm not going back until he gets one. ;)

I'm in the wrong line of work.
What does or "did" this guy do for a living if I may ask?

For many years, he owned Black Mountain Water. Man, I wished I coudl have gotten in early on selling water to people in big plastic jugs. ;) He also owns a lot of commercial property. His garage/shop is in one of the units (in one of his several business parks). I forgot to mention that the unit next door is where all the mechanical work takes place. That will be a whole other set of pics.

Thank you for sharing Sparky's place with us GTXperience :cheers:
I see allot of hard work and fun has been going on there :happy10:
What a great place =P~=P~ I will be at his bar I seen 8)

and congrat's on the rib eating :-D how many and how long did it take ??

It's good to know some of the good guys have some of the green stuff to enjoy and it looks like Sparky has a artistic flare and fun member for sure :happy10::happy10::happy10:
The big Buck's mounted on the wall made me feel right at home :happy10:
Hay Sparky !! all that is missing is a slant six Rod :-D Congratulations on a well thought out place you have built :cheers: and I agree with John it's a Museum :happy10: and some cool eye candy 8)

Your welcome Mike. It really is a cool place for car folks (or anyone who is into Americana) to see. Yes, Joe has a ton of dough but still remains pretty grounded. When it comes to the artistic flare, I think his wife Linda really helped with that.

Joe is also an avid hunter. He has told me in the past that he bagged all of them himself and that I should see what he has at the house.

As for the ribs, I powered through 25 of them in about an hour (maybe a little longer). Before I went in, I had 25 in my head as the magic number. There was only one guy who was close to me at 22 ribs and believe it or not a gal came in third with 18. She was definitely the dark horse of the group. I was good up to #20 and then it just became painful after that. Painful but still tasty. These were all pork ribs with dry rub on them. The sauce was optional but I knew that was a no-no (at least for me). To me, sweet/spicy/salty BBQ sauce equals thirst and I couldn't afford to give up any valuable space to liquid. ;)

Needless to say, I have been living off of that Monday night rib-a-thon this entire week. :-D

Jeez, that's not a garage, that's a museum. Very nice!

Great job on the ribs! I used to be able to wipe out a rack of ribs (from Carson's in Chicago) at a single sitting when I was younger, no sweat.

-
Back