Richard Holdener starting to doing some 2.2L DODGE TURBO dyno testing.

-

Reaction score
I'm really interested what he squeezes out of this little engine, I wanted a GLH Omni back in the day.

I got into the turbo 2.4’s for a while. Got real close to 600 whp with my SRT-4, never broke anything but CV shafts.

Dodge built some pretty cool 4cyl cars and I’ve always wanted a GLHS or even a 2.5 Turbo Caravan.

Last edited:
I got into the turbo 2.4’s for a while. Got real close the 600 whp with my SRT-4, never broke anything but CV shafts.

Dodge built some pretty cool 4cyl cars and I’ve always wanted a GLHS or even a 2.5 Turbo Caravan.
I would like to do a mid engine turbo 4 cyl fender less 30/50's truck.

IMG_3763.jpg

Last edited:
We bought my wife a 1981 Dodge 024 with the optional 2.2. It was a great little car!

My buddy had a GLH. He had a 70 Challenger 340 4 spd R/T in Plum Crazy. It was a gorgeous car. He swapped the 340 for a 440 and the 440 ran about 15 minutes and blew up. He was so frustrated he sold the Challenger and next thing I knew he had a GLH. He called me up one Friday night and asked if I wanted to go cruising in the GLH. We had a blast, and blew off a couple of 5.0 Mustangs. :thumbsup:

I watched that video the other day and will be following along. @VOETOM knows a thing or two about turbo 2.2s

They used to get around 375-400 HP out of those back in the 90's with the right parts.

I always thought it would be cool to put one in a 65 Barracuda or Dart GT, with a Dakota 5 speed.

...and put the turbo bump on the hood along with a silver and blue stripe paint job.

I had an 83-1/2 Shelby Charger blue and silver with the 2.2 and a 5 speed. That car had just enough h.p. to be fun to drive. I sold it to a guy in my neighborhood after he nagged me enough to sell it. He didn't own that car a month and found an 86 Turbo Shelby Charger Black and Silver also a 5 speed. He started playing with it and put bigger injectors etc. That thing was STUPID FAST. He came to my house and let me take it for a ride I was completely surprised how snappy it was. The locals would street race on friday nights and that little car shocked a lot of guys who thought they had a fast car. The only car I remember beating him was a Grand National that was worked over AND the guy knew how to drive it.

Didn't watch 11 minutes but what's "active" about the intake?

My daily has variable length runners that increase torque on the low end RPM at or near WOT.

You can actually hear them. Kinda like an old school 4 barrel.

Wasn't too hard to get those turbo L body cars into the low 13's or even better.

My Uncle bought a New Yorker in 85 new. It was pretty nice for a smaller car but was still a slug even with the turbo.

We rented a "big ol" FWD New Yorker around 1992 and drove it a hundred miles with 4 adults and luggage in it.

For a relatively big car with a 4 cyl auto and pretty much loaded to capacity, it did pretty good, and was reasonably comfortable.

My much heavier 86 CS Daytona (with even heavier T top option) moved along pretty well.

It was a good race between that and the then current nissan z cars.

Turbo's could win if they knew how to drive, non-turbos mostly didn't.

Weird choice to put a graphic of a 350 on the hood

The text said the other side had an image of a flathead on it. There is a picture that makes it look like both sides show the Chevy though.

Guy built some weird vehicles. Dropped a Jeep body on a Corvette frame, 2 versions of a motorcycle with a sidecar that had a rotary engine in the truck of the sidecar. Interesting stuff.

The text said the other side had an image of a flathead on it. There is a picture that makes it look like both sides show the Chevy though.

Guy built some weird vehicles. Dropped a Jeep body on a Corvette frame, 2 versions of a motorcycle with a sidecar that had a rotary engine in the truck of the sidecar. Interesting stuff.
Sound like offbeat cars this guy builds

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU5adS8d-YX7GbJcnH0x6uA/videos

My Uncle bought a New Yorker in 85 new. It was pretty nice for a smaller car but was still a slug even with the turbo.
One of our hang-out crew was getting a hot 302 ready to put in His '66 'stang, out in the Folk's NewYorker Turbo, raced a kid's purple 305 RS Camaro up the hill from the gathering spot to the highway and took 'em....

Didn't watch 11 minutes but what's "active" about the intake?

My daily has variable length runners that increase torque on the low end RPM at or near WOT.

You can actually hear them. Kinda like an old school 4 barrel.
The power spiked up rapidly at higher rpm, "like an active intake!", more like VTEC/CVVT.

Like an active intake! Weird.
I'm betting the use of the NA exhaust manny is showing sudden scavenge effectiveness at high rpms, they are a 4into2into1 proper setup, but very short. The short primary length may be "kicking in" at those Rs.

-
Back