Rick Keesler @ Laysons does what he says....

-

65BCODA

Reaction score
OUCH...< Dodge & Duck>..OUCH......<Fall to the ground writhering in pain>....... Now that we have that out of the way <For those of you that were firing at me for useing the L word> LOL

As some may or may not know, a few years ago I had an unpleasant experience with Dave Laysons organization, at which time Rick stepped in and tried his best to clear up to somewhat of a reasonable outcome. As many folks know, the company that Rick works for does not have an exceptional reputatation, BUT they do have some one off products that can not be found elsewhere.

With that being said, last week I decided to "Dance with the Devil" and made a call to Rick. After a 20 minute conversation with him, he agreed that he would pull my parts and inspect them personally.

The parts arrived today and I could not be happier, Thank You Rick for a smooth and painless (except the wallet, no gun was held to my head) Laysons experience.

Rick is a stand up guy in my book.

Dang! Those look NICE! I see they're for a 66. I thought you have a 65 and if they N/A for a 65, the 66 style will be OK too!

I like the fish better than the "V"......Car is about as far from stock as one can get.
The Valiant emblem is available, actually a bit cheaper.

man those look nice!
judging by how much they wanted for a set of arm rest pads I guess I would have to hit the lottery though

He is a good guy. Those look great. I thought the inner circle was a blue color (factory)...but seeing the black...I think thats what I'll end up painting mine. Thanks for sharing!
Aloha Mike

what are those listed as?
or could you post a link?
I cant seem to find them on laysons web site

"what are those listed as?"
I believe under the heading of Mouldings > Rear

"Do I dare ask how much? "
I hope the wife never asks that .

I have done alot of soul searching, weighing one hand against the other & in the end I figured what the hell, I only live once.

He is a good guy. Those look great. I thought the inner circle was a blue color (factory)...but seeing the black...I think thats what I'll end up painting mine. Thanks for sharing!
Aloha Mike
I've seen the blue vinyl decals that mount over the fish section, for sale on various web sites. I don't mean to hijack the post but does anyone know the official paint color code for that blue section. I think I'd rather paint mine than use a sticker.
Thanks, Mark

I have never bought anything from Rick but he has replied to all my pm's and did it promptly :cheers:
Thank you for this good new's 65BCODA 8) and those parts lok beautiful =P~

Those parts look fantastic, and I see you still haven't mentioned how much, so it must be directly reflective of what it would cost to tool up for the low volume.

Do they come with hinge covers also?

Those parts look fantastic, and I see you still haven't mentioned how much, so it must be directly reflective of what it would cost to tool up for the low volume.

Do they come with hinge covers also?
You can get them individually or as a set. $695 for the 5 piece set in #1 condition. You can also buy some blems for less. I've seen them in person at the shows and they look real nice. The test will be what they look like in 10-20 years. If the base metal is better, as they claim, it should hold up....as long as the chrome work is done right. Anybody have some of the first ones made? How do they look so far?

Rick's taken care of me in the past, too. I ordered a set of the window trim over a year and a half ago when I had money for it, and they sent me a message a month or 2 ago letting me know they were in, and asking if I still wanted them. Of course I want them, but don't have the dough right now. Too many expensive hobbies.

Rick is the salvation of Laysons. Excellent guy to work with! :thumbup:

I agree too.... Call Rick if you need to deal with Layson's. I bought the rear trunk trim for my `68 from them and am very happy with the parts. Granted it was almost $600, but they are better than those flimsy aluminum originals (the replacements are stainless steel) and look great.
eBay091-vi.jpg

SANY0011-vi.jpg

Yes, you have to clench-up to write the check, but they DO have hard to find stuff.... Call Rick.

BTW: If you need a set of stock, or custom-made battery cables, talk to Rick. He made a set for my car and they are beautiful.

I have purchased from Rick, a set of 65 barracuda seat covers, and was completely satisfied with the service. The word we are looking for is "integrity".

Way to go Rick! Way to go Roger! Restoring reputations and hot rods all in one thread. How could it get any better than this??? :-D

-
Back