Ride height, Alterk, 6.1 mockup

-

rjsjea

Reaction score
I dont post updates of my project usually....but

Moved the AlterK frame up into the frame rail 2" to gain better ground clearance 2" Boxed the frame rails with 3/16" plate and the Kframe is welded in super solid.

Super smooth frame inner fenders and firewall. Gonna try and push a 255/35/18 in front w/ about 5" of ground clearance everywhere. Fenders are gonna need some mods.

6.1 should be in the engine compartment in the next couple days and then the TTi headers are gonna get chopped up to fit. The engine will be centered and the tunnel will all be moved over and widened for the trans.

SANY0479.JPG

SANY0478.JPG

7-16 updates 094.jpg

7-16 updates 097.jpg

Playing with tire/wheel and the stance. Close on the stance, but the rear will be about an 1" lower. Gonna move the lower 4link bar up and probably notch the frame a little.

Stance Mock up 7-08_001.JPG

Stance Mock up 7-08 _2_.JPG

Stance Mock up 7-08 _4_.JPG

Stance Mock up 7-08 _8_.JPG

Just curiouse is this your work also?

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

I took these at the Seattle roadster show and it looks like the Challenger in the backround, the same one that was just in the new PHR. If it is (hell even if it isn't) post some more updates that thing is killer!!!!!

Bruning Auto design is the name of the shop. My car is there. That challenger is over the top, that whole car is one-off. Twin turbos, custom chassis, corvette torque tube, etcc.....

Engine is in....moved up the front suspension into the frame rails. 5" ground clearance with super low ride height. Lots of other modifications to achieve the ride height. Wheels are just for mock up....not my choice

7-18 updates 025.jpg

7-18 updates 037.jpg

Cool looking Demon rjsjea. I like the stance that you have come up with, and that thing you should really move with a 6.1

I'm probably wrong, but won't moving the k-frame up heighten the center of gravity and make it handle not as well?

I'm probably wrong, but won't moving the k-frame up heighten the center of gravity and make it handle not as well?

Sorry for the delayed response......The car was lowered over the suspension and will handle better because of it. Lower center of gravity.

Final stance....wheels should be here next week. With the AlterKtion mods, custom Tri 4Link, and modifying the front subframe the car will still have 5" of ground clearance all around

8-26 stance 030 (2).jpg

8-26 stance 028 (2).jpg

Looks cool...How come you didn't just go with 2" dropped spindles. Alter-K uses Mustang II should be a ton out there? and with 18" rims you would have plenty of room....

Thanks
Evil Dr Ken

I like your thinking. You didn't raise the motor, Its in the same spot relative to the suspension. You lowered the body around it all.
Cool.

Exactly.

Rear suspension is done, just a little reassembly needed. Custom Triangulated 4 link tucked up for the ride height. Drop spindles were not an option. The alterk doesnt use stock MII spindles

Sorry about that...I thought i read the "Poisoned dart" guy used dropped spindles on his..well I stand corrected...the car does look like it will turn out to be alot of fun....I hope you let us know how it goes if you get it out on a track

Rear suspension is done, just a little reassembly needed. Custom Triangulated 4 link tucked up for the ride height. Drop spindles were not an option. The alterk doesnt use stock MII spindles[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see. Wouldn't it still help though to lower the engine too, or would that sacrifice too much ground clearance?

Oil pan is about 4 7/8" from ground.......dont want it any closer. I plan on driven the heck out of it

New smoothed out inner fenders...raised up about 1.5-2" for tire clearance.

9-19 demon 007 (2).jpg

9-19 demon 008 (2).jpg

I love the stance, I just wish I could lower my car more front and back, but my headers would hit in the front

what size wheels are those on the rear?and what did you have to do to the body to fit them?

345/30/19's. Car is Mini-tubbed to the frame rail. Tubs are about 1"+ higher to get the ride height down. Rear end housing is back 3/4" also.

Just about done with all the mock-up........FINALLY

11-12 Demon on the ground 003.jpg

11-12 Demon on the ground 012.jpg

-
Back