riding mower repair

-

VDART

Reaction score
anyone know of a site for riding mower repair?, my 16 hp murray 1997 year-- will not manually turn over--(my son didn't add oil) actually it will turn backwards about 180 degrees-- the hard stop-- i'm guessing busted crank-

any sites or suggestions? thanks Lawrence

I wonder if it could be anything that could hang up on the bottom of they cylinder causing resistance?? Piston pin?? Hopefully something other than a busted crank. Will it turn over in correct direction 180*??

I repair small engines. A LOT of times all the Briggs does is just break the rod. And I mean that's ALL....a lot of the time. I've been able to simply replace the rod, polish the crank, hone the cylinder and throw rings on it and go most of the time.

I'll agree with rod broke. Continuing to attempt turning it may be adding scars to the rod journal. You could remove the spark plug and poke a piece of rubber tubing or other in and see if the piston moves with the crank.

I'll delve into this later this month will be off from work for surgery--- miss the rider the yard is too big to mow with a push mower.

any online sites for parts-- i know taking it to a shop will cost more than it's worth, Lawrence

-
Back