Right side signal not flashing

-

Tarek Baratta

Reaction score
In my 1975 plymouth valiant When I turn the signal to the right the bulbs will light up but not flash, left side is working fine, wen right side is switched power is making it to the flasher, I have two new flashers, (one for turn signal and one for hazzard) both work for left and hazzard but not right, still only lights up, any ideas

Bad/ incorrect bulb or poor contact. or bad ground at socket(s). Do both brake lamps work?

Yep. Swap out the bulbs. #1157 clear for rear and 1157Amber for front. Theyre dual filament bulbs, running light and signal light. They go in 1 way so only work right when twisted in correctly. If not they feed back and wont flash. See staggered tabs on bulb base.

1157 bulb
Screenshot_20200104-202631_Google.jpg

Usually a bad ground.

You can check with a jump wire to ground and the other end to the base of your bulb while it is in the turn signal socket. Small finish nail or paper clip poked in at the bulb base, grab that with your alligator clip on your jump wire. Make sure you have a real good ground for your test.

Should start flashing for you . . .

ya did some checking front rh side doesn't light up with signals or hazards, do bulbs on that corner, will just do all the bulbs at once because why not

ya did some checking front rh side doesn't light up with signals or hazards, do bulbs on that corner, will just do all the bulbs at once because why not

Enough bulbs out equals not enough current to cause flasher to flash.

Same thing with LEDs

Tarek, if you are referring to the side marker, on the fender, they should just light up with lights on. I dont think they are part of the signal circuit.
They take the smaller 168 (standard) or 194 (brighter) bulb. Both will fit the marker light socket.

True Dana, worth mentioning. Plus it looks like hell when you mix up the brighter with the 168s.

-
Back