Right W/Wiper Inop

-

A-Body Bruce

Reaction score
I have not checked this out yet..but I would venture to say...the right arm has popped out of the nylon plastic retainer of which I purchased one from my local Dodge dealer for $5.11. My Valiant has factory A/C and I was hoping not to have to drop the unit from the bottom of the dash. I was thinking possibly I could remove the glove box and reach the wiper control arm from there. Any thoughts or suggestions would be a BIG help....Thanks, Bruce

You can reach the arms from the glovebox opening, I've done it (My '74 Duster also has A/C)

Expect to do a good bit of cursing/swearing.

When I replaced the bushings on my '74, I donated 2 knuckles and some blood to the old plymouth. (Granted I replaced all of the bushings at the same time). It was still better than removing the box though.

When I was a kid...I would think nothing of laying on my back with my legs over the seat back..working underneath a dash...If I got into that position now I would have to be buried in my car...cuz I would never get back out. Having a bad back has me on the verge of having to give up a hobby I love... working on these old Mopars...getting old really sucks sometimes!!!! I am finding I am having to pay a shop do do stuff I could easily do before. Oh well...time for some wine therapy...lol

Linkage to the right pivot may be apart at either end.
Assuming the problem is behind the glove box and/or replacing only 1 of the 3 or 4 bushings is a roll of the dice.
Good luck with it

Linkage to the right pivot may be apart at either end.
Assuming the problem is behind the glove box and/or replacing only 1 of the 3 or 4 bushings is a roll of the dice.
Good luck with it

Exactly.
It could be off at the drivers side end of the arm.

Just so you know, I got a 3 pack of those off the help section wall at one of the local parts stores for 3 somthing.
One tip I would give you is to make a small slit in the back of the plastic cup and they go on a lot easier. This way the air can escape from inside the cup as it goes on instead of fighting you.

When I was a kid...I would think nothing of laying on my back with my legs over the seat back..working underneath a dash...If I got into that position now I would have to be buried in my car...cuz I would never get back out. Having a bad back has me on the verge of having to give up a hobby I love... working on these old Mopars...getting old really sucks sometimes!!!! I am finding I am having to pay a shop do do stuff I could easily do before. Oh well...time for some wine therapy...lol
I'll have some of that whine therapy too! I know what you are saying cause if I do ever get out of the position I once could get into easily I pay for it in pain for a few days afterward! I'm glad my buddy of 40 years put a lift in his garage, makes getting under the car a lot easier.

-
Back