Ripped off by A-Bodies member!!!!

-

illcuda65

Reaction score
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MARKS340!!!! HE HAS $2,800 of my money (3 years worth of savings for my car) and will not respond to any of my messages (email, PM on forabodiesonly.com, and phone call.)

I have purchased quite a few items on the website- 340 motor from hemiEd, KH brakes from hemi71x, name plates from zookypr, custom dash, drip rails, and hinge from 1969 cudaman, intake from 35 regal, switch from slantsixdan, and trim from oldschoolcuda without any issues at all. Of course my biggest purchase (New Edelbrock aluminum heads, 1.5 HS Rockers, 3 stage porting, and 1008 felpro gaskets) ends up going bust.

Rodzilla was ripped off by him http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=181582

Rodzilla was ripped off again after being promised
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=185217

I will detail my issues in the next post....

The following is the timeline for my interaction w/Marks340:

An agreement was reached between Illcuda65 of Illinois and Mark of LFR Enterprises, 11 Monaco, Monarch Beach, California on January 25th, 2012 on the sale of new Edelbrock Aluminum Cylinder Heads, 3 stage Porting service, new 1008 Felpro gaskets, and newly reconditioned 1.5 Harland sharp rockers for the price $2,800.00

Illcuda65sent payment in full via personal check (mistake #1). Personal check was sent on 1/26/12, received by LFR enterprises on 1/30/12, and deposited on 1/31/12. 3 stage porting was to take one business week and then parts were to be shipped all together.

Illcuda65 inquired as to the status of parts and service on 2/12/12; LFR enterprises responded that they had a late start. Illcuda65 inquired again on 2/22/12 with no response made by LFR enterprises. Email inquiry was made again by Illcuda65 on 2/24/12 with response by LFR enterprises stating the items would be completed in a couple of days.

Illcuda65 again initiated an email on 3/6/12 for the agreed upon products, no response ensued from LFR enterprises. Illcuda65 emailed again on 3/15/12 with the following remarks, "I am in urgent need of an update. I have left 2 voicemails for you that have been unanswered; I have Personal Messaged you on the FABO.com website, and emailed 2 times w/no response. I took a huge leap of faith paying you the full $2,800 in advance and right now your lack of response gives credence to the belief that I am being stiffed. If I do not hear from you within 24 hours I will be pursuing legal assistance to get a refund. Please contact me immediately."

Illcuda65 initiated another email on 3/16/12 urging LFR to promptly respond for a product update. With no response from LFR Enterprises within the last twenty three days, Illcuda65 sent out an email, a personal message on the FABO.com website, and left a voicemail relaying the following message, "This email is being sent to inform you that I am giving you 72 hours (until 5 pm central Wednesday 3/21/12) to reply in an appropriate manner to me by either phone, email, text, or pm on the FABO.com website as to the status of the parts already prepaid in the sum of $2,800 with check to LFR enterprises. The check was cashed on 1/31/12.

The goal is to receive either a full refund of $2,800 or good parts in the form of Edelbrock heads w/3 stage porting, 1.5 HS rockers, and Felpro gaskets. If notice is not received prior to the aforementioned deadline I will seek assistance from the better business bureau's of Illinois and California, in addition to assistance from the secretary of states in both Illinois and California.

I will also alert the FABO community to the exact nature by which this transaction has been poorly handled.

I find these potential acts regrettable; however there has not been communication on your part to me since 2/24/12. I should not have the additional stress of tracking down status updates from you when my focus should be on my 4 day old daughter here at my home.

LFR enterprises did respond on 3/19/12 that they had been in and out of the hospital with bacterial meningitis and they will call me within a couple of days.

No phone call or contact of any kind has been made by LFR Enterpises since 3/19/12. Illcuda65 has initiated email contacts on 3/23/12, 3/28/12, and 4/3/12, and 4/13/12.

Frequent substantial attempts to resolve the issue has been attempted by Illcuda65 . Illcuda65 does not desire the performance parts any longer for fear of a compromised product from LFR Enterprises as they have not met the terms of the purchase agreement.

I have filed a complaint with the states attorney of california and I have received an email and written notification of the complaint, as has Marks340 w/LFR enterprises.

If you know Marks340, or have any advice to offer me on how to recoup this large sum or money, please let me know.

Do not allow a dishonest individual like Marks340 to ruin the faith and goodwill that the vast majority of this website operates on.

Wow, if everything you are stating is accurate, that is seriously F'ed up!
$2800 is enough money for me to book a flight to Ca to get my money back....

he is about an hour south of me and about 15 minutes north of the guitar player of my band. would you like us to pay him a visit? but seriously that address is one of the richest neighborhoods i have ever been to.

My lady and I were just discussing how children were brought up in the 80's and 90's compared to how we were brought up. If this was me, I would have been knocking at his door long before I put a post on any forum..

My lady and I were just discussing how children were brought up in the 80's and 90's compared to how we were brought up. If this was me, I would have been knocking at his door long before I put a post on any forum..

I don't disagree w/your sentiment at all, but in my situation geography does not make that possible....

I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but I am obviously not the first individual that Marks340 has done this shady business actions to....

Yep and a 150 years ago a verbal agreement and a handshake would stand up in court (if you went that route) and you had grounds to shoot them on site for not delievering and not a court in the land would convict you. Today though, a verbal agreement and a handshake doesn't mean d*ck and wouldn't stand up in court, and you can't shoot the f**kers and if you do, you go to jail for a long time all while trying (hopelessly) delay the day you get a human booster shot from a guy named Molly.

I have bought and sold tons of stuff on these sites, but I will never drop more than a few hundred over the Internet leave alone thousands to someone I don't know or someone or some business that is not very well established like say a summit racing. Never trust the mark340 cork sucking lying scumbags mother truckers of the world because this is what happens. Sorry about your luck I really hope it works out for you.

Maybe one of the Mods can send him an email or PM and get him off his fat arse. Hey Mods, someone needs to step in here and try to get illcuda65 some satisfaction. It's truly unbelieveable that there are some rotten apples out there that just want to prey on others because we in the Mopar brotherhood trust them. I've had many dealings on this site, both buying and selling and all of them have been excellent transactions. I hope I never run across and individual of the "rotten" caliber because there might be HELL to pay before it was over with. JMO

1970 Duster, I bought my home and property on a handshake in November 2008 and it stood up with the county clerk, taxes etc..

I wasn't talking bout shooting anyone, I was simply stating how a knock on the door can bring it all together with the correct words and attitude.

I myself have taken care of my business this way when things go array from the other person's point of view over the years..

would you like us to pay him a visit? but seriously that address is one of the richest neighborhoods i have ever been to.

Now you see how "some people" get to live in these nice neighborhoods....

Hopin the Mods look into this. I despise people who take advantage of others. :protest:

Does this guy sell on ebay? Anyone know his handle there if he does?
Also a pic might be handy. Going to the Spring Fling this year in his neck of the woods and if I run into him I don't want to give him any money!

Any other sites he frequents that you can warn?

Best of luck to you and thank you for the Warning.

-Mike

Maybe one of the Mods can send him an email or PM and get him off his fat arse. Hey Mods, someone needs to step in here and try to get illcuda65 some satisfaction. It's truly unbelieveable that there are some rotten apples out there that just want to prey on others because we in the Mopar brotherhood trust them. I've had many dealings on this site, both buying and selling and all of them have been excellent transactions. I hope I never run across and individual of the "rotten" caliber because there might be HELL to pay before it was over with. JMO

Waggin sent him a friendly PM already, no reply that I know of as yet. That was yesterday or day before, I'm at work and days blurr together.

He does sell on ebay and his handle is marks3408po6

For fracs sake,,,he changed his user name on fleabay to pentastarracing. Only reason I could find this out is he sent me a message to my ebay account when I first found him on there, when I clicked on his old user name it took me to the new one. I just looked on his ebay profile and the worm has added a bunch of other things for sale since my original "Ripped off" thread a month ago!!! Grrrrrr

This is the same guy that had skipped out on another member that had bought heads on EBAY correct? I remember another thread like this one. This guy needs to be banned from the site. To much bad business. I hope that everyone does either get there parts or money back it sucks to loose hard earned money.
Matt

If we ban him now then he can't communicate to Rodzilla his side of the story (if he ever intends to). Who knows, maybe he had to go on a "double secret" mission with the Navy Seals. There's always later.:D

I can't believe this guy is still around , somebody needs to call his local Red and White chapter and get this over with .

If we ban him now then he can't communicate to Rodzilla his side of the story (if he ever intends to). Who knows, maybe he had to go on a "double secret" mission with the Navy Seals. There's always later.:D

I don't think I will hear from him anytime soon, and I'm pretty sure he's on here as another user now. I've had a couple zero post guys asking questions about him. maybe 1 was him seeing what I have to say. I just sent him another email saying nice try on the name switch on fleabay, and that I plan to lodge a complaint with him on there. He only made my case stronger by changing his name,,,dumba$$.
Hey demon seed, if you don't sell your car before august are you gonna make it up to our little town for the Super Run and/or our Mopar meet? I'm a buddy of ShowAndGOResto, I'm hoping he has his recent Duster driver build done by then as well, but if not hopefully I can talk him into bringing out one of his collector cars. The MORE the MERRIER!!! That invite is for everyone :) SUper Run will be big and the more Mopar the better!!

I don't think I will hear from him anytime soon, and I'm pretty sure he's on here as another user now. I've had a couple zero post guys asking questions about him. maybe 1 was him seeing what I have to say. I just sent him another email saying nice try on the name switch on fleabay, and that I plan to lodge a complaint with him on there. He only made my case stronger by changing his name,,,dumba$$.
Hey demon seed, if you don't sell your car before august are you gonna make it up to our little town for the Super Run and/or our Mopar meet? I'm a buddy of ShowAndGOResto, I'm hoping he has his recent Duster driver build done by then as well, but if not hopefully I can talk him into bringing out one of his collector cars. The MORE the MERRIER!!! That invite is for everyone :) SUper Run will be big and the more Mopar the better!!

Sorry Rod she sold last week. She's gone to a nice home in Manitoba with a Can. Army officer who promised he won't thrash her, hell she took everything I thru at her. I told him to get used to her real good before testing her wild side.:burnout::D

Sorry Rod she sold last week. She's gone to a nice home in Manitoba with a Can. Army officer who promised he won't thrash her, hell she took everything I thru at her. I told him to get used to her real good before testing her wild side.:burnout::D

Glad to hear you got her sold, the buyer will be very happy I'm sure.

I think because you sent him a check by US mail, you should contact the local police in Cali and they should go after him for mail fraud? Feds don't like when people do bad things thru the Federal US mail system. Check into it. You also have the proof of your check being deposited....someone had to sign it!

buy them and then claim you never received them???

Ha Ha,,,I like you're thinking, only problem is you WON'T actually be receiving them,,knowing this guy.

I laughed when I read one of his ads on eBay, it was for a Lunati cam. He states in his ad he doesn't even have it right now, its at Lunati....right there he's already setting up the would be buyer to wait,,,and wait,,,and wait for a part that may not come at all, or exist.

-
Back