Ripped off by A-Bodies member!!!!

-
I drove for about 17 to 18 hours both ways. I just couldn't justify putting that much money in the mail. I'm 31 I had to be meet face to face to make a deal with a large amount of money. I understand you all are a lot further away than I am. If I can't drive and pick it up I will try and source what I need locally.

Rodzilla.... I know your deal was done over on ebay. Sorry you got screwed as well and I know you just want to inform others. By doing so on this site gets everyone riled up and wanting mods/admin to do something about it...like ban him or whatever. There are two sides no matter what you think... as has been shown here in this thread people have had great transactions with him. So we dont know the whole story other then a couple of members seemingly are out some dough. I laid out the best practices for dealing on THIS site to help others learn how to do it. Understandably your upset over a sour deal... hopefully with al that is said here on these threads... including what I posted will help eliminate some of the problems.

I filed a claim with the California States Attorney on 4/3/12 regarding Marks340/LFR enterprises.

Filed a claim today with both the Illinois States Attorney and California Better Business Bureau.

****Spoilier Alert**** While checking my email I say Marks340 was on his gmail account- sent him an instant message, note he has not made contact with me since 3/19/12 when he was going to CALL me in a few days..... Said he has been playing catchup as he said earlier and that heads and rockers are in line for porting......

NO THANKS- ONLY FULL REFUND WILL DO

Folks- Marks340 has also swindled a guy for 4,800 that is out of country.....

Mark has said on another thread that he has been battling bacterial menegitis. Google it. It can kill the **** outta you. Just something to think about.

Ummm........ he's been listing away on ebay but hasn't replied to these guys inquiries since March??? Smell something??

holy ****. just read all of this. man I hope you get your 4 back. Doesnt look promising. But karma is a *****. SUCKS

Keep sending him pm's, IM's, ebay, fabo, everywhere you can find. Hell in about a month or so I will be taking a trip back to visit family in CA. I'll pay him a "visit". These guys typically only stop pulling this b.s. for two reasons, jail or a couple good thumps to the head.

Is the 11 Monaco, Dana Point the place everyone has dealt with him from?

Is the 11 Monaco, Dana Point the place everyone has dealt with him from?[/QUOTE]

Yes, 11 Monaco, Monarch Beach, CA.

Filed a complaint with the US Postal Inspection service in regards to Marks340. So far I have filed complaints w/California and Illinois States attorneys, California Better Business Bureau, and now US Postal Inspectors. Hopefully one of these agencies will provide restitution for me, if not some Federal "Bonding time" for Marks340 should be in order....

Filed a complaint with the US Postal Inspection service in regards to Marks340. So far I have filed complaints w/California and Illinois States attorneys, California Better Business Bureau, and now US Postal Inspectors. Hopefully one of these agencies will provide restitution for me, if not some Federal "Bonding time" for Marks340 should be in order....

Best of luck. Let us know how it turns out. I imagine it might take a while.

Damn. I thought he had more integrity than this. I try to give everybody the benefit of the doubt...and he did say he was sick. But damn, it appears now that might not have been true. I hate when stuff like this happens. It makes all the rest of us look bad.

.............Did our posse not saddle up yet...........dam, out of 24,000 + members no one caught up to him..........kim........

I sent him an email a while back, said he was sick and going to do his best to get caught up with everyone, guess his version of caught up is different than everyone elses?? Someone mentioned that the Moderators need to step in, what do you propose we DO? Sad to say but when you do business with some one electronically the BUYER assumes all risk, unless of course you can convince the seller to send C.O.D......I suggested that this individual gets banned, but have heard various different reasons why we can't. So I guess we just sit back and wait until he either makes good or rips some one else off......this is also the very reason why I suggested a "forum of shame". The search engine here leaves a bit to be desired, so unless his next potential victim "gets lucky" and stumbles across this thread he/she will never know what he/she is getting into. At least if there was a "forum of shame" you could check there to see if this individual is a crook or not. Sure, we have a feed back system, but not every one uses it and not all transactions can be tracked with it. Sorry to you folks that have gotten ripped off by this guy......

If you ban him, then he has a sho nuff excuse (in his eyes) for not completeing the deals. I mean, I'm like you. It's not like banning him will do any good to make these deals go through, or refunds.

If you ban him, then he has a sho nuff excuse (in his eyes) for not completeing the deals. I mean, I'm like you. It's not like banning him will do any good to make these deals go through, or refunds.
The reason you stated was one of the reasons I was given, and your second statement is true. So do we just sit & wait for how ever long it takes for him to complete the deals? This is the proverbial catch 22.....damned if you do damned if you don't.....but at the same time if he does get banned he will not be able to rip off any one else......and here comes the other excuse I have been given why we should not ban him, he will just join under a different user name.....well, with that kind of mentality why ban anyone??

Yeah, it is a cunundrum. WHy not a show of hands? What the hell, I say ban his ***.

and here comes the other excuse I have been given why we should not ban him, he will just join under a different user name.....well, with that kind of mentality why ban anyone??

Don't you have a way to prevent that by identifying his I/P address? I remember a few yrs. ago a lunatic signed up and started posting lewd pics (real nasty ones) in the general forum. They banned him and he'd sign right back up. After about the 4th or 5th time the mod taking care of it (John, can't think of his screen name, not a mod anymore) closed him down again and said something about putting a bug (possibility cookie?) on the offenders PC so he could never sign up again. It seemed to work cause he went away and this guy was a real lunatic, not the kind you'd expect to just go away on his own.

Don't you have a way to prevent that by identifying his I/P address? I remember a few yrs. ago a lunatic signed up and started posting lewd pics (real nasty ones) in the general forum. They banned him and he'd sign right back up. After about the 4th or 5th time the mod taking care of it (John, can't think of his screen name, not a mod anymore) closed him down again and said something about putting a bug (possibility cookie?) on the offenders PC so he could never sign up again. It seemed to work cause he went away and this guy was a real lunatic, not the kind you'd expect to just go away on his own.
You would think there would be a way to block his ip address somehow......but then the OTHER excuse will apply, he has multiple IP addys....it is not like banning some one takes an hour, just log onto the mod page click a few buttons, give a reason why and it is done....

You would think there would be a way to block his ip address somehow......but then the OTHER excuse will apply, he has multiple IP addys....it is not like banning some one takes an hour, just log onto the mod page click a few buttons, give a reason why and it is done....

Multiple ip addresses are possible but most people don't use more than one internet provider and unless I'm wrong he would need more than one server for multiple ip addresses. I'm not a computer guru so if someone could verify if I'm right or wrong it might be of help.

Using a proxy server is all they would have to do... but I'm sure this rehtard doesn't know how to do that :)

-
Back