Ripped off by A-Bodies member!!!!

-
I am not sure you can sell an item on ebay unless it is in your possession. I know some sellers of tickets for events have had their ads pulled as they were not in their possession.

Perhaps someone here who sells on ebay can verify this.

Mike

QUOTE=Rodzilla;1812173]Ha Ha,,,I like you're thinking, only problem is you WON'T actually be receiving them,,knowing this guy.

I laughed when I read one of his ads on eBay, it was for a Lunati cam. He states in his ad he doesn't even have it right now, its at Lunati....right there he's already setting up the would be buyer to wait,,,and wait,,,and wait for a part that may not come at all, or exist.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how he can have 180 +++ feedbacks on the bay.

Only 63 transactions were him as a seller, and most of those were 2010 and older. I guess this year he came to the realization of "Hey, if I take the money and don't send the parts I will do even better" :banghead:

What surprises me is this guy has no real friends or acquaintances on FABO since he has been a member here from 2009 I think. No one has come to his defense or said anything positive about him other then the few lucky guys who bought from him before he turned to his scumbag ways. Someone must know him or met him face to face, and if so they should be asking him wtf are you thinking?!

Lilcuda sure sorry to hear this thief ripped you too. I wish you and Rod the best of luck getting your money back, or at least seeing him go to jail.

Only 63 transactions were him as a seller, and most of those were 2010 and older. I guess this year he came to the realization of "Hey, if I take the money and don't send the parts I will do even better" :banghead:

What surprises me is this guy has no real friends or acquaintances on FABO since he has been a member here from 2009 I think. No one has come to his defense or said anything positive about him other then the few lucky guys who bought from him before he turned to his scumbag ways. Someone must know him or met him face to face, and if so they should be asking him wtf are you thinking?!

You are probably so closer to the truth than you may know. The dude was probably rolling right along, doing well taking money from one sale to make good on another. All along he's living the good life extended to the gills. The economy took a dump and the robbing of Peter to pay Paul crap caught up to him. I live on the other side of the tracks in Orange County, where his addy is at ain't cheap.

Good luck to you guys, if I can help, let me know.

Hey illcuda, he has some harland sharp rockers for a "good deal" on ebay right now, if your willing to throw an extra few bucks his way. :shock:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Small-block-...5516109?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item2c648ce44d

Maybe you should put a bid in for zero dollars and tell him to get YOUR flipping rockers off ebay!!!!
A ripoff in more ways than one! $76.80 shipping for a set of roller rockers???? WTF I had a whole set of heads shipped a couple of years ago for $25.00.

You are probably so closer to the truth than you may know. The dude was probably rolling right along, doing well taking money from one sale to make good on another. All along he's living the good life extended to the gills. The economy took a dump and the robbing of Peter to pay Paul crap caught up to him. I live on the other side of the tracks in Orange County, where his addy is at ain't cheap.

Good luck to you guys, if I can help, let me know.

My thought is Marks340 is basically running a Ponzi scheme with high performance Mopar parts:wack:

Sounds like a certain member off of the Dodge Charger board..Shane Mcgahey. Ripped off several members there including me. He sent me the '69 Charger hood after a month and only after I threatened him with legal action.

You shouldn't have to go to those extremes. I'm glad you bring these names to light so that nobody else gets taken.

Anybody read the ad for the small block motor this guy was selling, but has since pulled?? In his ad he states..." I have been a Mopar "expert for the past 20 years and am now sharing my "expertise" with the rest of the world"!!! I think he missed the boat a little with that statement from what I have read here!! The only "expertise" he is sharing with the Mopar world is how to rip people off and not send them their items!! Geof

Anybody read the ad for the small block motor this guy was selling, but has since pulled?? In his ad he states..." I have been a Mopar "expert for the past 20 years and am now sharing my "expertise" with the rest of the world"!!! I think he missed the boat a little with that statement from what I have read here!! The only "expertise" he is sharing with the Mopar world is how to rip people off and not send them their items!! Geof

BINGO!!! I almost choked on my drink when I read that crap!

:cheers:

It really is sad that any individual stoops to these levels....

Well first things first... yep... this guy sounds like he is ripping people off.
Now lets look into something.
When someone gets "ripped off" on this site people start calling in the owner/admins/mods to see if they can help out. Which we do sometimes. However, there really is limited things we can do. We did not initiate, deal, or have anything to do with YOUR transactions. The site has nothing to do with a transaction between the members. Also there is two sides to every story so if we just go an ban someone off one side of the story?? I would go and look at Marks340 feedback... only 4 feedbacks. Yet your comfortable to stroke a check to someone you never met for a large sum of money ?? DONT get too comfortable on the internet people !! You basically stroked a check to a person on the street on their good word ?? Ok so lets also look at this... Marks340 has 4 GOOD transactions marked on his feedback..... yet... someone else has been ripped off by him ?? Why hasnt someone else posted that as a negative feedback ??? The owner/admins/mods have in place a tool to help show what kind of feedback a person has. Its up to YOU to make the system work... and it does. I am living proof of it. The Feedback program on here is quick, efficient and easy to use. You just have to DO IT.
Over and over again we see where someone ripped off someone else... yet the feedback stays the same. Would you really buy something from ebay with someone that has a 60% rating and poor comments ?? Each person has to take responsibility for your own transactions. Start using the tools provided and research the person you intend to spend big dollars with. Use appropriate ways to pay someone so that you have some way to back yourself up if a transaction goes bad. CASH deals and CHECKS only mean you are waiting for disaster...as this one has. There are people who will take advantage of others as they are creeps....its the responsibilty of the rest of us to use the tools provided and to use our heads to pinpoint and not deal with these people.

-RPM

Mark has said on another thread that he has been battling bacterial menegitis. Google it. It can kill the **** outta you. Just something to think about.

Well first things first... yep... this guy sounds like he is ripping people off.
When someone gets "ripped off" on this site people start calling in the owner/admins/mods to see if they can help out. Which we do sometimes. However, there really is limited things we can do. We did not initiate, deal, or have anything to do with YOUR transactions. The site has nothing to do with a transaction between the members. Also there is two sides to every story so if we just go an ban someone off one side of the story?? I would go and look at Marks340 feedback... only 4 feedbacks. Yet your comfortable to stroke a check to someone you never met for a large sum of money ?? DONT get too comfortable on the internet people !! You basically stroked a check to a person on the street on their good word ?? Ok so lets also look at this... Marks340 has 4 GOOD transactions marked on his feedback..... yet... someone else has been ripped off by him ?? Why hasnt someone else posted that as a negative feedback ??? The owner/admins/mods have in place a tool to help show what kind of feedback a person has. Its up to YOU to make the system work... and it does. I am living proof of it. The Feedback program on here is quick, efficient and easy to use. You just have to DO IT.
Over and over again we see where someone ripped off someone else... yet the feedback stays the same. Would you really buy something from ebay with someone that has a 60% rating and poor comments ?? Each person has to take responsibility for your own transactions. Start using the tools provided and research the person you intend to spend big dollars with. Use appropriate ways to pay someone so that you have some way to back yourself up if a transaction goes bad. CASH deals and CHECKS only mean you are waiting for disaster...as this one has. There are people who will take advantage of others as they are creeps....its the responsibilty of the rest of us to use the tools provided and to use our heads to pinpoint and not deal with these people.

-RPM

Very well said RPM. I generally try to stay out of these threads but in this case I waited until now to say my 2 cents worth.
I am one of the people that left good feedback for Marks340. He was very professional in my dealings with him and even sent me more than what the deal was for. I got my parts very quickly and in the shape as described. I may have been fortunate and made the deal before times got bad for him. I don't know. I will not even speculate as to what is going on.

Sorry i can't jump on the bandwagon here but I was treated more than fair.

Jack

That is just complete BS. Meningitis is something you just don't carry around and battle like a cold. If you have it, like I did , it is potentially life threating in all cases. It is highly contagious and they treat it with hospitalization. They quarantine your *** and pump massive amounts of antibiotics into your body until you either beat it or die. I felt 100% normal the day before I contracted it (they think from a mosquito) and 90% normal the day I was discharged from the hospital, which was nine days later. I was considered very critical for the first two or three days. I was twelve and its usually more lethal on children. Ater I left the hospital I felt fine and within a few days I was back to normal activity. I participated in a track meet three weeks after I was out of the hospital. These are just more of his lies.

I bought a transmission from him. I have met him in person. I drove from S.F. bay area to his house and picked up my transmission. He was straight up with me on the sale. I'm sorry for everyone's loss. I hope this can all be sorted peacefully.

My friend Rodney has also done business with him and had nothing but good transactions. Obviously, something is amiss.

-RPM

Prior to making my "Big" purchase w/Marks340 I checked his rating and it was 100%. I felt that rating combined with the most consistent communication prior to the $2,800.00 purchase of ANYONE I have dealt with I was making a solid deal.....Terribly Wrong....

I always give people the benefit of the doubt because issues do happen in life. However, the man does business w/an I-phone and those of you with them know you check them constantly sick or not.....

This guy is also on Ebay hocking motors- a member here PM'ed him saying everyone is on to him, and the motor was magically deleted by the next morning- doesn't happen by itself folks....:wack:

I bought a transmission from him. I have met him in person. I drove from S.F. bay area to his house and picked up my transmission. He was straight up with me on the sale. I'm sorry for everyone's loss. I hope this can all be sorted peacefully.

I hope for peaceful resolution as well. I am not threatening Marks340 or using profane language at all. If he is legitimately ill, I hope he gets better, but he has my money for 3 months now, at this point I just want my money back so I can buy the parts I was promised within 1 week of purchase!

illcuda65.... precisely my point in why people need to use the feedback... you saw 4 posts at 100%... but if there is prior concern with this guy someone should have used negative feedback legitimately. That might have put a warning in your head ? Correct? I'm not saying that someone with perfect feedback cant screw someone over... im just saying for the most part... it is a great tool.

-RPM

-RPM

My point of the whole thread is a warning to others. I did not make a negative feedback post to his profile because the deal was made outside of FABO. I certainly did not make the decision to buy from him because of a feed back rating of 4 on here, he had 170 positive feedbacks at 100% on ebay. I found him after the fact as a member on here, and was happy to see he had some positive rating to back up the ebay.
He IS a crook plain and simple...I was told my parts would be sent the next week after paying. He had excuses after excuses, then 2 months later I couldn't reach him for a week, said he was out hunting,,,,well isn't that nice, happy I could pay for your hunting trip while I still have jack ****.
The stuff I got was NOT as described and I'm still minus an intake. I'm not debating with anyone who had a good transaction with him, glad you did and consider yourself lucky.
I don't even care if he is banned or not, my warning is made and its too bad that the message had to be put out there.
And like efriedrich mentioned,,,thats how Bacterial Meningitis works, kills you dead quick. Or if caught in time you can bounce back,,,and fairly quick too, I did some reading on it after he said that. Strokercamp, if he "had" meningitis and was well enough to reply and say he had it then he would be well enough to send out these parts he had forsale by now. He told me when I first started interacting with him that him and his son were a 2 man operation, then his meningitis response said he was only a one man.
No more internet deals for me, at least beyond a couple hundred $$$, I still consider myself very lucky here compared to illcuda65 and another fella who's from overseas and got took for $4800, both guys have received nada.
Theres is NO 2 sides to this story. Only ONE about some honest hard working guys who got shafted out of their money. This friggin waste of skin and good air has had days to plead his case, many people have emailed him, phoned him and messaged him with not a single response. Tell you what, if I was accused like this and innocent, I would be going crazy trying to prove it...NOT ducking out and changing my username on eBay.
'Nuff said

Actually not, just as I was about to hit send I got a call from my machine shop who just went thru my heads I got from marks340. One bent exhaust valve by .013" and port work that has ruined the valve job at 4 valves. Guide clearance is not even close, valves are not ferrera like stated the would be, and the open spring pressure is 450, no where close to what is needed for my roller cam. There was some other stuff, but technical and lost on me. So an example of even though I received the heads,,,I'm still ripped off. He's going to do up a estimate on cost to fix everything and get back to me, I will post up the amount later.
This definately has made me decide not to put those used rockers on my motor, so there is another $1000 I need to spend.

-
Back