Ripped off Fall Fling !!!!!

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Bought a set of so called A-body bucket seat tracks from a guy at the fall fling yesterday. He swore they were out of a Duster and that they were A-body. Needless to say I was pretty stoked. Went to put them on this morning and discovered I have 2 right side adjuster tracks. One of the inside tracks seems right, and the other inside track is nowhere near close to being the right one. So bassically I have one side of tracks.:angry7:
Needless to say I am pretty F***ing pissed !!!!
I have usually had good luck at the Fall Fling through the years, but this guy knew that he was F***ing me,and didnt think twice about doing it.

If anybody is reading this and has a set of A-body bucket seat tracks 70-73?
and doesnt want to retire on them let me know.Would deffinately soften the blow.

You only have yourself to blame.

What kind of seats are they? I (as well as other members here) have E-body seats in my Duster, needed spacers on the outside pegs with the E-body tracks.

Just like to see what they look like cause 75 and 76 a bodys used some diffrent tracks than 70-74 due to cat converter hump thinking you might have picked up wrong year tracks.

Yep only one track was changed due to a floor pan change related to a cat. converter. Odd looking flat plate on the bottom of one of them ?

yea like this

75bucketseattrack001.jpg

AHHHHH SH*T John. That A-hole. I was right there with you when he said he gauranteed they came from a Duster. He's not hard to miss (you know what i mean) if he's at the next Fling. Damn that sucks.

Glad you are all having a great time.

Anyways that is the flat mount.

Later.

If they are from a 75-76 car then he really didn't lie... could very well have come from a Duster.

That does suck especially if you mentioned what they were going in. Hope you can get it worked out at some point.

Good to see you and Dave if only briefly.

Don't you love it when people wish you the worst. I bet that did suck. Maybe he would stand by what he said if you could contact him.

You have a sample and those important parts needed.
Your local fab shop can alter the one track for you .

Definately not in the mood for the lol bullshit right now.

Only paid $40.00 for them so I am 3/4 of the way there.

Thanks for your help guys.

If they are from a 75-76 car then he really didn't lie... could very well have come from a Duster.

That does suck especially if you mentioned what they were going in. Hope you can get it worked out at some point.

Good to see you and Dave if only briefly.

Good to see you too. 468 yards for Bradford :cheers:

He distinctly said 72 Duster that had a bench seat in it when he got it, but already had the holes drilled at one time for buckets when he installed the ones John has now. Still a little shady that he did not disclose the issue with the flat part of the track. That's if he knew about it with E-body seats. I was there so I feel almost as bad, like I kind got ripped too.

On a side note just to prove there are some great people at the Flings. I paid for an early a-body power steering pump with the backets for $20. The guy kept it for me so I did not have to haul it around. Then 5 minutes later I found one that had been rebuilt, inspected, serviced and PPG painted for $40. Later I stopped by to pick up the pump and told that the guy I found another one too. I was flabber gasted when he said I could have my $20 back. Great guy.

I sure hope this guys was straight because we'll see him again I bet.

Definately not in the mood for the lol bullshit right now.

Only paid $40.00 for them so I am 3/4 of the way there.

Thanks for your help guys.

Little hard to complain at that price. That's not even 1/6th of what I got for the last set I had, and the buyer set the price! 8)

Wow lol bullshit? We were not making fun out of your situation you asked for help and we gave it to you. If you only spent 40 bucks then you didnt lose anything A full set is around $200. If you wanted to you could prolly run a longer stud threw the floor and make some kind of space to put under the track because i think the studs are where they need to be.

-
Back