Ripped off

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to hear of the problems. I had David redo several carbs for myself and a couple of friends in the past. He did have to redo 2 of them. One had a problem with the secondaries hanging open and flooding the engine. I sent it back and he had quite a time with it. He said he had to test it on a friends car a couple of times to get it right but it worked awesome when i got it back. I let the other one sit for 3 years before using it so I can't totally blame him for it's problem. He did fix it though.
I have another one I will need rebuilt if I ever install my 400 in something but I will look for current feedback before sending it to him. Unfortunately it sounds like his quality of work and customer service have gone downhill since I used his services last.
Dallas

So...no word from David on this? I would have thought he would have seen it by now. That's not like him.

Last Activity: 10-28-2011 06:25 AM thats the last time he was on well i like to wate to put my input in tell i at lest hear bout sides but he really dont want to talk hell hes been here sice 2004 well 150ish posts ..ok i got it he mite have a life but thats not even one post a day i say get ur cash back if he aint going to tell his side of the story ..he must be exzatly what u say he is a cheat if u payed for a rebild and he didnt do that well then thats an f word i cant spell it .... umm froed? .. im not at the other site so i cant tell ya whats going on there but.. i hate that this stuff happens now i have a ? for the op ... could he have got ur redone carb mixed up with some ones that wanted what he did toit btw im not a carb guy i know nothing bout them i know its a 4bbl thats it lol .. if he has a bizz he should get back with u if not sue him ? drive there ? hell idk i wish i could him but i know ive talked with stroker for a year or so i would take it to him he seems to know what hes doing if someing f's up agin

I will just keep this simple and to the point. As soon as I did get the claim from paypal from Mr Moore and read what his claim of the issue was, I responded form a list of paypal options. I choose to have him send the carb back so I could assess the problem and then I would know why he made the wild accusation that I never rebuilt the carb when in fact not only did I completely diss assemble it, but I cleaned the usual grime from it. And here is the very last communication from paypal proving my attempt to remedy the situation and the fact that MR Moore chose not to act according to paypal actions avail to him,

read:

Hello DAVID CHEVES,

PayPal has concluded the investigation of the following claim:

Buyer's name: Dave Moore
Buyer's email: [email protected]
Transaction ID: 19N93515JN6896323

Transaction date: Aug 31, 2011
Transaction amount: $210.00 USD
Your transaction ID: 8BN998536A256121E
Case number: PP-001-523-625-866

The claim has been closed because the buyer has not responded within the
specified amount of time. No further action is required of you.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

So in conclusion, I am going to leave this post for everyone to see that has no connection to this whole transaction, that has posted something negative about me and just assumes that I have done nothing to try to resolve the situation. Mr Moore had the opportunity to resolve his complaint through the paypal forum that he choose and he did not respond back to paypal per their rules and that was his choice when I was willing to. Mr Moore, even though another avenue(paypal)was chosen by you to resolve your clam against me I am still offering you a partial refund as you stated to me that you did have to replace the accelerator pump in the carb to fix it and obviously that should not have happened to you and I do apologize for that mistake but I always need the carb back to fix it whenever possible. You chose not to and that is your right just as it is my right to see what you are claiming against me , David.

Let me get this straight, demon sizzler did not return your emails or phone calls? To me, that would be the center of the problem here...

As usual when a dispute arises, there's definely two different sides to this story.

If the carburetor was filled up with dog ****, it really doesn't matter to me now. The OP flat out LIED and said there was no answer from DemonSizzler when there's the proof up there that there was through Paypal. Looks to me like David tried to clear it up....and is STILL OFFERING to do it. How many of us has David helped out with free information in the past? I know he's helped me. Been a member here since 2004 and we're all ready to throw him to the wolves over ONE incident? Yeah, that sounds logical. The OP LIED. We need to let this one just die fellas.

Let me get this straight, demon sizzler did not return your emails or phone calls? To me, that would be the center of the problem here...
You are correct goldfish-communication is the key.If both are honest,communication is never a problem.

I would think that a return phone call from demon sizzler would have taken care of this issue in the beginning. If contact was ignored than a PayPal dispute would be the next step. Who is right and who is wrong here we will never know. Lack of communication is a real problem.

Sounds like Demon Sizzler can no longer be trusted. For years he had happy customers and now he is willing to flush that reputation down the drain.

Why would anybody be willing to do that. That statement doesn't make sense at all and it should have you wondering about the whole thing.

At any rate I would be owning up if I were demnsizzler.After all he has a rep here and at moparts to protect.

Demonsizzler has a good rep. Though some people are just to hard to please. It would be great if everybody could be pleased with everything that they order and get for there car. But like Dave said, he's human, crap happens,.

his way of doing things isn't going to make everybody happy. Case in point with the story here. You have to think of both sides of the coin as well.

My question to all is, how would you conduct your biz and at what point are you going to stop trying to please someone.

There is a point of to far or not far enuff that can be of debate for a long time and hundreds of pages.

You should now email this thread link to David and wait for his response. We do need both sides of the story.

Best idea yet. A wait and see approach.

As usual when a dispute arises, there's definely two different sides to this story.

And both believe they are right.

The problem, not just here in this thread, but in transactions everywhere is the expected end and what is owed if it is not met.

I know David a bit and ripping people off is NOT his way.
Fully understanding where you stand before and after any dealing with anybody is key and must be understood and agreed on.

Lets not take out a noose on someone just because someone is pissed off. While a hanging is good, just hanging someone so quickly is bad.
Facts must be known.

Before anybody gets carried away with a burning response, think about what I said. I'm not pointing a finger at anybody, making an excuse for anybody, just saying, think before you type.

Ok, I said I would'nt go on about this but some leave me no choice....Do you guys really think after all the BS I went through I was going to remove the carb & send it back down to Georgia after "I" took it apart & rebuilt it myself with excellant results???? This is what Paypal wanted me to do....who in the hell would do this after what I had just been through!!??

And it appears to me from this very thread that I am not the first!!

To this date no return phone calls and no return emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know why????? Let me tell you why.....because the GD carb was not rebuilt!!!!!

Hiding behind Paypal's one size fits all rules & regulations benifits him well obiviously!!

David I hope the $210.00 was worth it!! Dave

I agree it sucks to use a third party to "hide behind" as you say. It's impersonal. I don't like it either. But look dude, you're goin off on this thread like a atom bomb. You really expect us to believe you didn't send some kinda inflamatory email to David? I wouldn't wanna deal with directly myself from what I've seen now. The bottom line is, whether you liked how he did it or not, david tried to satisfy you through proper channels.....and not only did you omit that part, you LIED about it. To this white boy, you have zero credibility.

To think David screw you purposely out of $210 when he's been doing this rebuilding service thing for a long time as a hobby and minor money maker is absurd.

While he has a good rep, I am sure he and every other seller/service/maker of anything anywhere has an issue with someone at sometime. I'm just very sorry to see that this time, as they say, **** happens, it happened to you.

I say yea, Oh Really. This thread is about to go out of control.

Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back