Ripped off

-

68dodge

Reaction score
ply30 Justin Figgatti just send me an empty box. Was supposed to get a centerlink and all I get is a empty Box. All he says is he shipped in the box. Shame on You!!

Is it possible the link broke out of the box and the shipping company just taped up the box?

CURRENTLY WORKING ON GETTING THE REFUND TO HIM. Did not want to cause any hard feelings between any one was hoping to get his help on the insurance money Altho it may not happen I will refund the $65...

That certainly doesn't sound like Justin!! Have you sent him a pic of the box to determine if it is in as left condition? I'm sure there's an explanation for this that doesn't include him ripping you off and sending you an empty Box!!

Wait a second now.
I have spoke with him on the phone. He is VERY RUDE.
Here is what the tracking number says on the post office site.
He needs to GO GET IT FROM THE POST OFFICE from what I read.
2vty72s.jpg

351g6ec.jpg

Please let me know the thoughts from other members on what that states.
Also I attempted to help but just HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME.
When the center link left my post office (I SAW IT GO ON THE TRUCK AS IT WAS THE END OF THE DAY) the center link WAS in the box I have NO control over what the post office does with the things they get once I give it to them.

That right I got the shipping paper with nothing in the box.

Let's see a picture of the box.....if the center link was just tossed in a box it would easily poke through and come out. I have shipped stuff like this before and I usually pack it good so it will survive a gorilla attack....I wrap the box tight with duct tape as well.

I have seen this seller making lots of sales here with nice stuff, let's hope it works out .....sad thing is the part is probably long gone......

anything showing weight of sent item?
I will have to go to the post office tomorrow and get that info.
It was a $11.10 Shipping charge.
And I taped the box and so did the lady at the post office the day I took it in there.

If you rip someone off, you just rip them off. It doesn't make sense that he would just send an empty box. I am leaning towards the postal service.

Dude, that's a pretty harsh (and potentially libelous) post to make until you have all the facts.

most things like that are insured, claim the insurance value on it and go buy another one, crooks don't ship empty boxes, they just don't ship anything!!

The weight of the package will be on the receipt!
I just have a tracking number right now. He has the weight on the box (Should)
I dont have a special recipet or nothing that tells me the weight. I have never got one unless I ensured it a certian amount.
The package was sent in a post office made box.

Sounds like a shipping problem, It's going to boil down to the part wasn't packaged right and likely won't be covered by insurance.

Your tracking info SAYS it's insured so file a claim. And buyers, please don't automatically ASSUME that everybody is about to rip you off.

BTW, that once happened to me with Fedex and an 8 3/4 rear. The rear chunk broke out of the packaging and they delivered an empty box. I refunded the customer's money and filed a claim. In addition, I sent Fedex a pic of the part and asked that they send it to every depot along the scanned route. Sure enough, one of the Fedex warehouses had my gear chunk setting in their office with no idea what to do with it! I got it back in good condition thanks to the email with the picture.

the right thing to do in this situation is have a duel , used radiator hoses is the weapon of choice

send an empty box with one piece of tape on each side! come on you said the post office taped it! How do you know he does not print his own postage stamp?

Attachments

• 100_1374.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,124
  • 100_1375.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,232
Was there any open air space in the box after packing it? If so, the center link just acted like a center punch and exited the box. Employed by the USPS for close to 20 years....used to just chuckle when I would pick up a box and feel the contents shifting around...

send an empty box with one piece of tape on each side! come on you said the post office taped it! How do you know he does not print his own postage stamp?

Print his own postage stamp? Really?? Instead of berating him, why aren't you working with him to resolve this!! Shame on YOU!!

Print his own postage stamp? Really?? Instead of berating him, why aren't you working with him to resolve this!! Shame on YOU!!

I did try to work with him, all he said is I sent it out and the box was taped by him and the post office, That why I hung up, no use talking to someone who does not want to resolve this, plus why would the post office open a box to have me pick up whats inside

I did try to work with him, all he said is I sent it out and the box was taped by him and the post office, That why I hung up, no use talking to someone who does not want to resolve this, plus why would the post office open a box to have me pick up whats inside
Obviously you did NOT. I said you would need to go to the post office to see what the issue is. When you hung up I was going to tell you I was going to call the post office tomorrow up there and see what happend.
Question is why is it telling me that it was attempted to be deliverd but will need to be picked up at the post office? Or am I just miss reading that?

So, you just got this today? And you haven't spent any time to work this out? Seems to me you are jumping the gun on this deal big big time, here

I am honeslty very SORRY about this. I go out of my way to help people I went out in the RAIN to get this off because you said you needed it pretty bad. This is the first time this has happend and I did not plan it. I am not here to "Screw" any one over I am here just like the rest of you... To make friends, Buy and sell parts and also just to be around Mopar people. Also I would not go through the time and energy to go to the post office to send a empty box. Also I sent your package off with 9 other ones that day and the other 8 have repsonded to me that they got the items in good shape. I am very VERY sorry that this has happend and I have offerd my help 100% and still will if you would like it. You have my number just give me a call back and we can disscuss this situation once again. Altho I have no control over what happens at the post office I dont know what happend with it why it is out of the box or what even happend. I will ask the lady at my post office tomorrow.

I just received a small trim piece I bought from Justin today and I can tell you mine was packed very well. Had to get the box cutter out to unpack it. I really think the op is jumping the gun and should try to work things out before trying to wreck someones reputation when it may not be necessary.

-
Back