Ripped off

-
The post office puts tape over all the boxes when I drop them off. Looks like they did on that one too... My money's on it flew out of the box. Should have been padded a bit and the ends double thick.

hmmm , This Sux for all involved.
My job involves shipping things internationally for Defence and I always do the following which has saved my arse a few times.
Follow the 7 P's.
Prior Planning and Preparation, Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
1. Take a photo of what you are going to send.
2. Take the time to wrap it up and protect it. (another photo)
3. Put it in the box and tape the **** out of it. (another photo)
4.Get a photo of it with the consignment note including weights and dimensions, all taped up and ready to go.(always ask for this)
5.Always insure it.
6.Keep this info until you have an email confirmation from the receiver that the goods have been delivered and are in good condition.
:axe:

68dodge I can understand you being upset for receiving an empty box. I know I would have been too. Most of the time we don't actually know the people on here that we're doing business with. So, it's not unusual for you to think someone 'burned' you.

I'm really glad that ply30 responded on here. He has his reputation to protect. Every indication I see from from what others had to say and from the tracking information seems to point towards ply30 being innocent of any wrongdoing.

I usually try to ship things and receive items as cheaply as possible. I'm not usually concerned about insurance unless the item is very valuable. But this thread makes me think that I should insure everything.

Hope you guys work things out amicably.

I have not bought anything before from Ply30.But I know he sells a lot of items here and I am sure he would not send a empty box.His feed back score is 100% and a $50.00 part is not worth ruining a 100% feedback score when you sell parts as often as Ply30 does.I am sure the part was lost during shipping and hopefully everything will work out for your 68Dodge.

I think this whole thread should get removed and the two parties can settle it.

Justin just said in front of all of us that he will do everything he can to help, but it is pretty obvious the Post Office lost it.

I think this whole thread should get removed and the two parties can settle it.

Justin just said in front of all of us that he will do everything he can to help, but it is pretty obvious the Post Office lost it.

I don't know, TrailBeast. I think maybe this thread is a good bit of info for everybody to see. I don't want a public boxing match, but members that read this thread will have it pointed out to them that there is real reason to be somewhat cautious about some transactions. It also seems to point out that it's easy to jump to conclusions we shouldn't. - And thirdly it shows the need for both buyer and seller to protect themselves.

Hopefully before this thread ends it will show members that things will work out OK.

If anything, it should show people not to jump to conclusions...

The item was insured. claim the insurance and move on.

I have dealt with ply 30 and he has been very straight to deal with. I would have to think this has to be a postal error of some sort.

This is a April fools joke right. No one could believe that someone would ship an empty box to rip them off.

I have dealt with ply 30 and he has been very straight to deal with. I would have to think this has to be a postal error of some sort.

Postal error?? Is there such a thing?? Oh yea, I'm still waiting on the crossmember that Rani sent me LAST April!! Could and does happen!!...a lot!!

insurance won't cover an incorrectly packed item... which obviously it was packed with no care to insure it would not break thru the box... the seller did not finalize his contract with you and deliver a part..therefore he owes you a REFUND simple!

insurance won't cover an incorrectly packed item... which obviously it was packed with no care to insure it would not break thru the box... the seller did not finalize his contract with you and deliver a part..therefore he owes you a REFUND simple!

If he shipped it from the post office, they are suppose to assist with making sure its correctly packaged. insurance should pay.

Insurance should pay as it was their box and the post office lady LOOKED IN THE BOX when I had it in there then re-taped it.....
I am going to call the sort facility first thing in the morning where the box was at last and see if they have it there. As I said before I am very sorry about this I did not plan this to happen.

If he shipped it from the post office, they are suppose to assist with making sure its correctly packaged. insurance should pay.

I agree. If the post office was willing to take the package and charge ply30 for the shipping and insurance, they should hold most (if not all) of the responsibility. Millions of people ship through the postal service every day. The bulk of whom (unless they are businesses) are not experts in packaging items. However, that IS what the post office IS in business to do. Ship things. If they are to be the ones to determine whether or not an insurance claim is justified, then they need to be explicit on what standards they will accept when an item is packaged. - And they should not agree to insure an item if they aren't willing to honor the insurance.

I'm interested in hearing what the post office' response is.

I agree. If the post office was willing to take the package and charge ply30 for the shipping and insurance, they should hold most (if not all) of the responsibility. Millions of people ship through the postal service every day. The bulk of whom (unless they are businesses) are not experts in packaging items. However, that IS what the post office IS in business to do. Ship things. If they are to be the ones to determine whether or not an insurance claim is justified, then they need to be explicit on what standards they will accept when an item is packaged. - And they should not agree to insure an item if they aren't willing to honor the insurance.

I'm interested in hearing what the post office' response is.
I am not going to say the name as I have spoke with him and he is doing all he can to help me out and I respect that but I had a item shipped to me on march 19th. The item was supposed to be here on march 22.... The package never showed it shows it left the last sort facility and was never checked back in... I called them tonight and they told me "The package is lost I will call you if it shows up some where but it is not here" they did give me the number to the other two sort facilities on the way to my post office to call.. I am in the same situation altho I have NOT even recived a box and it has been a good three weeks... I need the part kind of bad to comeplte my car but I am not pissed every one makes mistakes.
Altho I have recived the number to the last sort facility the box was at and they are closed right now I will call them in the morning and see what I can come up with. I will also call ALL the facilities the box has been at I am sure it will be found as they do have the "Lost and found" section in the facilities.
But their responce will probably be nothing less then it was droped out of the box (The guy I talked to about it says it happens pretty often)

Yea, you are right.

I don't know, TrailBeast. I think maybe this thread is a good bit of info for everybody to see. I don't want a public boxing match, but members that read this thread will have it pointed out to them that there is real reason to be somewhat cautious about some transactions. It also seems to point out that it's easy to jump to conclusions we shouldn't. - And thirdly it shows the need for both buyer and seller to protect themselves.

Hopefully before this thread ends it will show members that things will work out OK.

I am not going to say the name as I have spoke with him and he is doing all he can to help me out and I respect that but I had a item shipped to me on march 19th. The item was supposed to be here on march 22.... The package never showed it shows it left the last sort facility and was never checked back in... I called them tonight and they told me "The package is lost I will call you if it shows up some where but it is not here" they did give me the number to the other two sort facilities on the way to my post office to call.. I am in the same situation altho I have NOT even recived a box and it has been a good three weeks... I need the part kind of bad to comeplte my car but I am not pissed every one makes mistakes.
Altho I have recived the number to the last sort facility the box was at and they are closed right now I will call them in the morning and see what I can come up with. I will also call ALL the facilities the box has been at I am sure it will be found as they do have the "Lost and found" section in the facilities.
But their responce will probably be nothing less then it was droped out of the box (The guy I talked to about it says it happens pretty often)

I once bought three 8 3/4 canter sections from a guy in Idaho. He PM'ed me that he shipped them, but three weeks later I still had not received them. I called him and told him about it, and he worked with me and we both made phone calls to FedEx to find out what happened. The tracking numbers he gave me weren't showing up in the system.

Well to make a long story short, after a week or so of calling, one of the people at his FedEx office figured out what happened. Somehow after he dropped them off and got the tracking #'s, the FedEx outlet had for some reason changed the tracking numbers/paperwork to another number and never cross referenced it in the tracking system. Every FedEx employee that handled them remembered the three 5 gallon buckets that weighed 80-90 lbs each and we tracked them to my local FedEx depot. I picked them up there as soon as we found out where they were.

This or something similar may have happened to your missing package. Hopefully you will be able to track it down.

What's a center link for 73 Duster worth? USPS Priority Mail flat box are a great way to ship things if you secure it inside and tape the hell out of the box. I shipped a 340 exhaust manifold in one last year. If the insure claim is denied I am in for $10 towards finding him another link.

What's a center link for 73 Duster worth? USPS Priority Mail flat box are a great way to ship things if you secure it inside and tape the hell out of the box. I shipped a 340 exhaust manifold in one last year. If the insure claim is denied I am in for $10 towards finding him another link.

got a deal with a set of motor mounts i tape the box from hell it weigh 2 lbs 6 oz got to the guy and it was empty it was destorty we are still trying to get our claim money but still no word its been since sept , post said it was never deliver but hes got the empty box huh what do you do ....... wait...........

had the misfortune of dealing with justin for a cuda tailpanel and a dash with a uncut radio bezel. made the deal with him and next day he listed it again.called his bullshit on the post. oh ya blah blah. send him the money wait two more weeks nothing call again listen to more bullshit. finally ships tailpanel in a box 6 inches to short with the flaps sticking out 60 degrees and a piece of tape connecting the card board , no foam on end of tailpanel. dash was zip tied to the tailpanel with a single layer of bubble wrap on the dash nothing on the tailpanel, can you guess how I recieved it? in 40 pieces. his ignorance wrecked a perfect dash. sent him a pic when I opened it. he said bummer , go after the post office it was insured. had nothing to do with the po it was purely the way it was wrapped or not wrapped I should say. I wrap a 10 dollar object with better care than the 300 dollar he sent me. contacted him again and he said in bold type not my problem! I was not going to go after the post office as it had nothing to do with them, I cringe every time I see a post from this kid. I have always had perfect feedback on e bay and take pride in that and have bought from numerous a body guys with great results except for this bad apple. glad someone finally said something. dash is still sitting in my office if someone wants to post a picture of it for me send a pm and will email the pic. nwdart

Wow, my thought is to just refund the money if someone is not happy. I've sold over a hundred things on here, ebay, and other sites never had one incident (knock on wood). For under say $100 or so it's not worth my headache, then again I sell mostly to help someone out and add a little spending money to my hobbys NOT to live on.

Not as bad as the empty harland sharp box I received last winter. Was supposed to have a new set of 1.5 HS rockers in the box. end tore and there was nothing in there. Insurance covered it after a mo of haggle. I partialy blame seller for poor packaging and USPS for a box that looked as though it had been run over by a train. In the end I got my $ back and insurance reimburse the seller so all was good.

I ordered an exhaust system once, and the parts were shipped loose with just a label on them! Had dents from one end to the other.

-
Back