RMS--Altercation--BUMMER

-

swifter

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Bill from RMS,What a BUMMER that call was,Thought I would check on a price for a new k-frame set-up in my Duster since I'm putting the stroker in it,First i have to replace the NEW Willwood Set-up I just installed last summer,I have to change the oil pan that is only 2 years old,I have to put on NEW Headers from TTi. NUTS.just NUTS--Puts me at almost $6500.00 FORGET IT---THIS SUCKS -Steve

I don't know why there kits won't adapt to more stuff then specific brands, sure narrows down the amount of people who will buy it

dam my friend put his set up under his car and there was plenty of room to use the parts he wanted why don't you get his set up to put your spindle on it with your brakes.he must have changed them or he is a dealer for those parts?.............Artie

Why do you want to use RMS mustang parts in the first place there are other options.

Just got off the phone with Bill from RMS,What a BUMMER that call was,Thought I would check on a price for a new k-frame set-up in my Duster since I'm putting the stroker in it,First i have to replace the NEW Willwood Set-up I just installed last summer,I have to change the oil pan that is only 2 years old,I have to put on NEW Headers from TTi. NUTS.just NUTS--Puts me at almost $6500.00 FORGET IT---THIS SUCKS -Steve

Thats strange. I thought you were supposed to have more oil pan and header clearance with that set up. Not less. I guess them T bars are not that in the way after all. :wack:

Not sure what your build is for but if you are doing it to cut down on weight that is not the most cost effective way to do it any way.

If it is handling you can do just as well with an upgraded stock front end for a lot less.

Hotchkis TVS comes to mind. Autoxcuda uses this system and thinks its great.

I was in the same boat, so I keep the stock K frame went with coil overs his upper arms and struts and BadDarts lower arms.

why would you put wilwood brakes on the car a year ago if you planned on going to an alter-k?

what motor you going with?

what kind of pan are you using that t needs to be changed?

what headers do you have that wont work?

should always plan ahead before spending any money.. i know that you can really plan for 10 years down the road but something like the brakes any number of guys could have told you that the alter-k uses mustang spindles.

I agree. I'm going a different route with Morrison.

Some how I knew Abodyjoe would respond to this-LOL
1-I did not know a year ago I would have the cash to upgrade my motor this year,You see I own a small business in the trades and it has been challenging so say the least

2-I have a 5.7 in my 70 Duster Joe putting a stroker 5.7 back in.

3-I'm using the conversion Milidon pan -Joe

4-TTi 5.7 hemi headers -Joe,Bill told me I have to get the special 5.7 headers from TTi to the amount of almost $900.00 and I just paid $800.00 for these less than 2 years ago--

Anymore Question I can answer Joe???? RMS is NOT the answer that I thought it would be and Hey it sucks for them that they are so limited in applications for US weird guy's that like the NEWER engines. Funny it's FORD parts that make the RMS what it is.

Purple haze --you got those lower arms in yet????? How did you mount the upper shock eye and reinforce it??? Thanks Steve

1-I did not know a year ago I would have the cash to upgrade my motor this year,You see I own a small business in the trades and it has been challenging so say the least

4-TTi 5.7 hemi headers -Joe,Bill told me I have to get the special 5.7 headers from TTi to the amount of almost $900.00 and I just paid $800.00 for these less than 2 years ago--

Anymore Question I can answer Joe???? RMS is NOT the answer that I thought it would be and Hey it sucks for them that they are so limited in applications for US weird guy's that like the NEWER engines. Funny it's FORD parts that make the RMS what it is.
Theres alot of ignorance in your statements there. I doubt you have to get new headers, and I bet if you phone wilwood they would sell you the parts to change your brake kit to a kit that uses mustang II based spindles. It's not ford parts at all seeing as it's just spindles. Bills a good dude and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase any of his products.

I've never heard of Bill using used parts in any of his builds. Thats a pretty libelous statement. I'd be careful (white trash) saying anything like that seeing as he could sue you.

Theres alot of ignorance in your statements there. I doubt you have to get new headers, and I bet if you phone wilwood they would sell you the parts to change your brake kit to a kit that uses mustang II based spindles. It's not ford parts at all seeing as it's just spindles. Bills a good dude and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase any of his products.

I've never heard of Bill using used parts in any of his builds. Thats a pretty libelous statement. I'd be careful (white trash) saying anything like that seeing as he could sue you.

He is stating what Bill told him. What is ignorant about that?

And White Trash obviously made a simple typo. He intended to type 'use' instead of 'used'. Context clues told me that. Nothing he said implied the usage of used parts.

C :D

never said used uses mustang parts you rocket scientist

I' installing a gen 3 into my dart right now with a Tshell (which is a member here) tubular K frame http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=169822 I'm using a truck oil pan with TTI mounts.. lost of room under there.. I have custom headers being built. I have heard of guys using jeep manifolds in lieu of TTi's. Torys stuff also uses all stock components.

Hey man I was just asking. You went on a rant and left out pretty important information that may help someone else.

They are not limited in application at all for someone that plans their build. Like I said you can't really plan 10 years down the road so well but if you knew you. May want a system like that down the road it would have been easy to look into.

Personally I don't care if you buy one or not. Just wanted the information so it could possibly help someone else down the road.

WOW what the hell happened to this site??????????????? or you guys???? Did I somehow rip RMS in any of my statements!!!! My answers came Direct from the owner of RMS!!!!! Did you guy's not read my post or just thought negative thoughts about what I was told by a OWNER of the company.Did I rip on RMS or TELL THE TRUTH please inform me!!!!!! JOE YOU ASKED QUESTIONS LIKE I DIDN"T KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!!!! I had just hanged up with Bill and had a GREAT conversation with him and btw JOE I'm HELPING people down the road SORRY if you can't see that' and for you other idiot why would I say I didn't need new headers if I didn't, obviously you must know more the the owner of RMS HUH????? GEEZ You guy's take a breath---What happened to the site I used to come on and not get a KNIFE stuck in me--SORRY THE TRUTH HURTS some people WOW --SORRY I STATED THE TRUTH

4dr4ever??????????????????????? Sue----What the hell is that????????? Did I in ANYWAY say something BAD about BILL????????????? WOW Read the english in my first thread!!!!!!!!! Please post ANYTHING I SAID ABOUT BILL????? I would also like to buy from BILL but simply everything ELSE I have to buy puts this option over the top. GO REDWINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUTH=IGNORANCE I guess himmmmmmm sounds like a president I know running a country in to the ground

Thanks for the hug!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure I'm the one who needs it though,I have a great Wife and Daughter--THanks

JOE YOU ASKED QUESTIONS LIKE I DIDN"T KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

no, i asked ya a few questions because i was curious as to what you had that wasn't going to work. if it was a normal small block or big block i had never heard of issues like that. i just noticed now what section this is in. i hit new posts and don't ever notice the section, you went on a rant and never said what motor, oil pan or headers you had.. thats why i asked. that rant isn't helping anyone without all the information. i don't know how you got that i asked like you didn't know what you were talking about out of those questions. . not like any thing was typed in caps. simple questions because you chose not to include the information in your rant.

OK Joe all is good just don't talk to people like they are stupid--The post was in the new Hemi thread NO PROBLEM and I was trying to HELP people that might be in the stage of thinking about the 5.7 hemi swap into a A-body. BTW I likes to story on you motor build--Steve

Why do you want to use RMS mustang parts in the first place there are other options.

mustang parts may not be mopar but if you need the parts on a Thursday to go cruising Friday night I can almost guarantee the local parts store will have it, were as any other aftermarket stuff maybe harder to get quick such as wilwood

-
Back