Rock albums ,that you love, most people don't know....

-
Been listening to a few clips of the bands listed, some, if not many remind me of the era of ufo, montrose and the like, thanks guys, som interesting stuff here.

Henry Paul Band. "Feel The Heat. Several good southern style rock tracks. Including Feel The Heat,
Longshot and Go Down Rockin' . Great album if if you like southern rock. Also their Grey Ghost Album is another great one. Includes Grey Ghost and So Long
Check them out on YouTube.

R-2610999-1441552812-1246.jpeg.jpg
R-3297048-1324501427.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Whew! There be a couple!

Jimmy Page - “Outrider”
Utopia- “Ops, Wrong Planet”
Blue Oyster Cult - pick any record

If you like the Blues, old school blues, Jimmy Page did an album with Sonny Boy Williams. I’d like to find that again!

Whew! There be a couple!

Jimmy Page - “Outrider”
Utopia- “Ops, Wrong Planet”
Blue Oyster Cult - pick any record

If you like the Blues, old school blues, Jimmy Page did an album with Sonny Boy Williams. I’d like to find that again!
I saw BOC in a small club down in San Diego back in the mid 90s. They took the spot for one of my favorite bar bands.
For some reason I can't totally explain, I've bought Secret Treaties more than 8 times in one form or another.

While we're on 80's metal...
Ministry..
They must of had to pay the rent with "Filth Pig", that one was a disappointment.

I liked AC/DC's "74 Jailbreak" but Everybody else did too....

Starting to dig on Ian Dury and the Blockheads....simple stuff, catchy.

Handsome Dick Manitoba-

Also with "The Dictators" IIRC

Back to 80's "pre-hair" metal

any Savatage

MSG

Manowar

Metal Church "Metal Church"
VERY good musicianship, "Merciless Onslaught" was "the other" rejoin music on MTV headbanger's ball. SOD (Anthrax) being the one most folks remember.

Back to the 80's:

Anything Savatage (these guys turned into Trans Siberian Orchestra)
Helix - Walking the Razor's Edge
W.A.S.P.
Black 'N Blue
Queensryche - the early stuff

Back to the 80's:

Anything Savatage (these guys turned into Trans Siberian Orchestra)
Helix - Walking the Razor's Edge
W.A.S.P.
Black 'N Blue
Queensryche - the early stuff
Savatage turned into TSO? No kidding! I did t know that. Many years ago a buddy and me met them at a local radio station. They were an excellent bunch of guys. We had a great time.

I also got to meet WASP after a show they did at the Nassau Coliseum in a club in Brooklyn called Lamour’s. I got there autograph’s on a concert T shirt.

L’amour has opened up a “Far East” venue in which opening night was Queenryche. I Accidentally banged on Geoff Tates show with my fist. He jumped back and yelled “Dude! Really!”

LMAO, I Apologized at all was cool. He was a very cool dude.

Savatage turned into TSO? No kidding! I did t know that. Many years ago a buddy and me met them at a local radio station. They were an excellent bunch of guys. We had a great time.

I also got to meet WASP after a show they did at the Nassau Coliseum in a club in Brooklyn called Lamour’s. I got there autograph’s on a concert T shirt.

L’amour has opened up a “Far East” venue in which opening night was Queenryche. I Accidentally banged on Geoff Tates show with my fist. He jumped back and yelled “Dude! Really!”

LMAO, I Apologized at all was cool. He was a very cool dude.
Sweet! Yes, I am a damn near 50 year old head banger! Love the 80’s metaland always will!

I met Chris (RIP), and Jon in 1987 at a 250 cap bar in Dayton OH (McGuffy's House of Draft). They were the coolest, most grounded performers I've ever met. I helped them wind their cords after the show and they answered all of my questions about getting to the next level of being a working band.

Sadly, that band having that amount of talent and 2 albums getting a minor amount of radio and video play, but still not being able to "get out of the bars" plus a few more examples, was what convinced me NOT to pursue a career in music.

I am super happy that the remnants of that hard working band have found success and mainstream acceptance, especially via an "out of the box" approach. It is well deserved.

Also noteworthy, is that as a tribute the Chris, they almost always play "Hall of the Mountain King" at their Christmas concerts.

Chris Oliva is possibly the most under rated "modern" rock guitarist in history.

-
Back