Rockauto shipping.....

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
bought a set of $6 valve seals tuesday at around 3pm. Said it would arrive by friday from Warehouse A...OK. lets do it. friday comes and goes "En route"...Saturday? Nope. WTH. These were coming from Carson (30 miles away) and they shipped DHL (?) that then goes to USPS for final delivery. C'mon guys, its friggin 30 miles down 2 freeways. I would have will called the thing (I was there last night for a soccer game) if I knew the car would be laid up over the entire weekend. DHL? Who ships DHL??? :BangHead: and their tracking sucks too.

To Rocks credit, there were the ONLY place I could get these old 72-78 valve seals, Both mega chains near me (Oreilly and Auto Zone) could not get them, "Not available", Pshhh

Just got a large order from Rock. They now feature warehouse compatible items as you shop.
I was looking at outside doorhandles a couple of months ago that were listed at $17.00 each.
Mopar outside door handles are the same part number from 1964 to 1993. By the time i got around to ordering they were gone.I had to buy the ones listed for $20 ea. lol They are perfect in every way!
Their stuff comes and goes quickly. Took about a month for 15/16" disc drum masters to be back in stock and they only lasted a couple of days as did their early small block water pumps.

Just got a large order from Rock. They now feature warehouse compatible items as you shop.
I was looking at outside doorhandles a couple of months ago that were listed at $17.00 each.
Mopar outside door handles are the same part number from 1964 to 1993. By the time i got around to ordering they were gone.I had to buy the ones listed for $20 ea. lol They are perfect in every way!
Their stuff comes and goes quickly. Took about a month for 15/16" disc drum masters to be back in stock and they only lasted a couple of days as did their early small block water pumps.
Check out PG Classics in Ottawa

bought a set of $6 valve seals tuesday at around 3pm. Said it would arrive by friday from Warehouse A...OK. lets do it. friday comes and goes "En route"...Saturday? Nope. WTH. These were coming from Carson (30 miles away) and they shipped DHL (?) that then goes to USPS for final delivery. C'mon guys, its friggin 30 miles down 2 freeways. I would have will called the thing (I was there last night for a soccer game) if I knew the car would be laid up over the entire weekend. DHL? Who ships DHL??? :BangHead: and their tracking sucks too.

To Rocks credit, there were the ONLY place I could get these old 72-78 valve seals, Both mega chains near me (Oreilly and Auto Zone) could not get them, "Not available", Pshhh
I bought slant six head gaskets from New Zealand. Think they only took 7 days, by DHL. It seems like whenever shipping uses a combination of a commercial shipping company, and post office, it takes longer then it should.

My main beef is why are they still in Whittier since Thursday? I think DHL did their part on getting them from Carson to Whittier (about 10 miles) but who is holding up the game in Whittier? Shipping International to another country, I think DHL would be 2nd on my list under FedEx but to ship across town using 2 shippers is not that efficient. If it were Ebay, I would be getting the parts by Friday (promised) or getting some credit back. @ir3333 did they give you a "should receive by" date when you ordered?

And if you order 4 items they come from 5 different warehouses with 6 different shipping fees .

No...re read my post.Their computer now prompts you to items from the same warehouse as you shop. But as you say if you order 4 items from 4 different warehouses it will have separate shipping and can be costly.

-
Back