Rocker adjusting order

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the correct order to adjust my rockers (i.e. adjust x,y & z rockers when at TDC). I was told a card chart exsisted that said which valves were closed at given cam positions to reduce the need to move the cam.

Ask & you shall receive...

http://www.moparts.com/Tech/Archive/motor/14.html

ValveLash-vi.jpg

superdart said:
Thankyou very much, Sir!!!!

Sir? Knock that crap off if you want help again.... :toothy7:

Glad to help !

I don't like that method (8 position). There are better ways. Do one cylinder @ a time. as exhaust (rocker) starts to open, set intake. Intake (rocker) to max lift set exhaust. Much faster and much more accurate. You can use this to set hyd. cams as well. It puts the lifter on the center of base circle. Good luck, Terry.

I've seen it done that way, just wasn't sure if it was the best method.

hi, another methed, bring each cylinder up to TDC firing. stop at 15 deg before TDC, set both valves lash. this will give you absolute base of lobes.
we set stocker and super stocker cams this way. and they are way bigger than street/strip cams. plus you don't loose your place when setting them.

headsbikesmopars said:
I don't like that method (8 position). There are better ways. Do one cylinder @ a time. as exhaust (rocker) starts to open, set intake. Intake (rocker) to max lift set exhaust. Much faster and much more accurate. You can use this to set hyd. cams as well. It puts the lifter on the center of base circle. Good luck, Terry.

What he said...

-
Back