Rocker arm help

-

DartVadar

Reaction score
So I just got my new heads for my 360, which are aluminum eddys, it says that I can't use stock rocker arms, which is what I was planning in doing. My camshaft is a comp 268 (268 duration and .477 lift, 280 and .480) I've read that with higher lift there is a possibility of punching a hole through the rocker arm. Is it correct to say that it would be recommended to get some adjustable ones? And I take it that push rod length would be different as well?

1500 for Eddy heads and you wanna use stock rockers. I am speechless.

Haha yea, I wasn't planning on buying those heads until I found out my old heads needed a lot of work. So I guess I'm into this engine a lot already, an extra few hundred in rocker arms isn't too bad. But that being said I would like to keep it fairly cheap, I don't really want to spend 700 on the comp ones. What are some good ones for not an excessive amount?

Check Mancini Racing. Aluminum HS rockers without the needle bearings. Pretty good price.

Just had the same cam installed and had to have adjustables installed. Pro mags are going on today. I'll let you know.

Why not hawk Ebay for some good used Crane, Isky, Erson or factory 273 ductile iron adjustables? They are not rollers, but you don't get any power benefit from rollers anyway.

I went with Hughes rocker arms, I found they had the best geometry...and cheaper than H. Sharp rockers.

And I went with 340 T/A push rods (that I had sitting on my shelf), they worked out okay but a slightly shorter/custom push rod would be better.

I have heard of people using the heavy duty style stamped stock rockers.

And in regards to being speechless...not everybody of made of money, some of us are on budgets.

Anyone who wants to donate to my "Save My Duster Fund", PM me and I will tell you how to send your extra cash to me...

Paul

Cool, yea I'll take a look. And yup gotta stop spending somewhere, I'm 19 and a university student, things tend to get expensive quickly. It's also my firs engine build so I really don't know some of these things.

I almost went with mancini racings shaft and rocker package when I bought my cam. Seemed to be a reasonably priced upgrade with good reviews. Factory style but stronger AND closer to a real 1.5. Comp recommends adjustables with the xe 268. Wish my builder had told me when it was torn apart.

Those have a really poor rep. I would run 273 adjustables long before I ran those. The PRW stainless seem to be a much better "budget" rocker.

Those have a really poor rep. I would run 273 adjustables long before I ran those. The PRW stainless seem to be a much better "budget" rocker.

Yea I found a good deal on the PRW stainless rocker arms locally. I always find good prices on eBay, but shipping kills any discount. Glad I didn't end up running my stock rocker arms, could have ended badly.

Problem with the stock rockers is the 125 lbs seat pressure of the eddy heads will punch the pushrod through the rocker seat....

I ran the MP heavy duty non adjustable rockers on my eddy headed 360 with a Hughes cam with .515/.535 lift...

Im making 407 at the rear wheels with stock hyd rockers, with eddy alluminum heads, so you can use them with no problems, someone is spending alot of your money for a very little gain in performance.

Problem with the stock rockers is the 125 lbs seat pressure of the eddy heads will punch the pushrod through the rocker seat....

I ran the MP heavy duty non adjustable rockers on my eddy headed 360 with a Hughes cam with .515/.535 lift...

X 2 for the MP heavy duty stamped rockers. Round about $100. Never had one fail turning 6500 for a couple of seasons with #135 seat #330 open pressure.

Stock rockers + high spring pressure =
IMG_0461_zps7801e080.jpg

Wow, what else did that wreck? Wouldn't want that to happen in my engine.

Put me out second round. lol Stabbed another rocker in it and went home. Put those HD stamped rockers in for the next race.

I bet, at least no major damage happened. Where did you get those HD ones? I can't find them locally, or did you get them online?

-
Back