Rocker Arms Unlimited

-

SSG_Karg

Enhanced member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a shout out to a great company. Rocker Arms Unlimited in Redding, CA. I recently sent them 8 factory adjustable 273 rockers that I’ll be using on the exhaust side on my W2 heads. I had them install bronze bushings, new locking adjusters, and dress the valve pads. I have to say that they look fantastic!
The price was very reasonable and the return shipping was 3 days from CA to PA! I spoke with Gary and he was obviously a subject matter expert and very helpful.
If you need anything to do with rockers, shafts, stands, adjusters, etc, give them a call.

9B9CBC7B-4D1C-47AE-9479-6984C64DF479.jpeg

DED72FA5-224A-4F0E-8959-6636E53D8963.jpeg

Just wanted to give a shout out to a great company. Rocker Arms Unlimited in Redding, CA. I recently sent them 8 factory adjustable 273 rockers that I’ll be using on the exhaust side on my W2 heads. I had them install bronze bushings, new locking adjusters, and dress the valve pads. I have to say that they look fantastic!
The price was very reasonable and the return shipping was 3 days from CA to PA! I spoke with Gary and he was obviously a subject matter expert and very helpful.
If you need anything to do with rockers, shafts, stands, adjusters, etc, give them a call.

View attachment 1715585819

View attachment 1715585820
What did you pay?

Jake

View attachment 1715585819

View attachment 1715585820
Nice!

Are the 273 rockers bushed to start with, or did they ream them out a little and install them? Those look nice!
The stock rockers are just cast iron and bored. I don't think they even honed them. I've seen some with pretty rough machine marks in them.

They also spot faced the adjuster locknut surface so the nut contacts the rocker squarely. The rockers were also tumble polished and look like brand new.

They also spot faced the adjuster locknut surface so the nut contacts the rocker squarely. The rockers were also tumble polished and look like brand new.
They look great. The spot face and the locknut are the best way to keep from loosing adjustment.

They look great. The spot face and the locknut are the best way to keep from loosing adjustment.
Crane made their own version back when and had the lock nut. The interference fit adjuster works but some do get sloppy. Most of the rockers on my 100,000 mile 273 are originals. A few have new adjusting nuts but still loosen up.

I looked at there website some time ago. Thanks for the feedback. I just might send some rocker arms out for a 273.

Keep in mind that price is for 1/2 a set. With most 273 sets going for over $200 now it will be over $500 for a set of bushed non roller rockers.

Keep in mind that price is for 1/2 a set. With most 273 sets going for over $200 now it will be over $500 for a set of bushed non roller rockers.
I agree, if you are buying a set of rockers this may not be the most economical choice available. But if you already have the 273 rockers $300 is not too bad to make them virtually bulletproof. And you’re supporting an American machining company.
:usflag:

I have some aftermarket Isky or Crane ductile iron rockers that I have bushed by RAU. The only reason I had them done was to keep down the possibility of galling the shafts. I forget what I paid, but in my mind it was a reasonable price at the time.

-
Back