[WANTED] Rocker molding clips

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the old ones become so brittle, You'd be better off buying some new aftermarket ones. Lots of outfits sell these and Dormann for one makes them...My local Napa had them hanging on a rack.
If you have found a sources for these please post up some additional information, such as part numbers. I searched high and low and wound up buying some for a 67 GTX which had to be belt sanded to reduce the height.

If you have found a sources for these please post up some additional information, such as part numbers. I searched high and low and wound up buying some for a 67 GTX which had to be belt sanded to reduce the height.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry guys, Guess I was mistaken (Gettin Old), I could have sworn that I had fixed this but looking at mine I can see where it too needs to be pulled in.

However looking at my Balkamp Trim Panel Retainers and a Spare Rocker I can see how some could be made quite easily by cutting up some 3/16" Aluminum Plate to fit the rocker and drilling a hole big enough for the Trim Panel Retainer's body to pass thru and this way the head would still be captured on the back. OEM retainers were oddly shaped but measure .207 across the widest part, thus using 3/16" stock would allow ample space for the Retainer head...All easy for me to say since i'm a Prototype Machinist by trade.

Orrrrr if still available and a good fit after some simple sanding to fit I would go with "Grimreapers" approach first.

Ha...Ain't nothing getting easy on these old cars, I had to drive to FOUR different parts stores today to find a simple thermostat for a 440.

Body fastener1.jpg
Body fastener2.jpg
Body Fastener3.jpg

in our area, we have a guy that has an old snapon truck that is full of fasteners,clips and what have you. he sells to body shops and i ended up getting 90 % of the fasteners and mldg clips for my 65 coronet wagon from him. try a couple of your local bodyshops on monday to c where they get their stuff. hope this helps.

As the old ones become so brittle, You'd be better off buying some new aftermarket ones. Lots of outfits sell these and Dormann for one makes them...My local Napa had them hanging on a rack.
This is why comments and discussion are not allowed on sale and wanted threads.

I have some still on the car, 8 that I can see maybe 2 more. When I pull the clip the center piece falls in.

Edit- I have 11 total

View attachment 1715434281[/QUOTE

to the OP, I would buy these, you will not find them in the Dorman clip section, or any other clip sales distributor. And they don’t get brittle, the trim snaps over them and does no damage. If you use a blue drywall
Mollie, you can use a bugle head screw in the hole to fasten them, a much more secure method than the expansion plug design of the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back