Rod bearings scored?

-
nm9 has it correct. Many guys think they are sucking the pan dry but they are not. The pickup is too far from the bottom of the pan and it runs out of oil.

This is for OE style pickups.
Not with the stock pickup. It has a 'shield' (for lack of a better word) on the bottom, spaced under the screen maybe 3/16", and an opening to the side where the oil actually enters. (Some aftermarket pickups do indeed pickup up through the bottom and they need the spacing.)

Adding more spacing under the spacing already provided by the stock pickup design just increases the chances of sucking in some air, which is YR's point.
I see in the pictures, that makes a lot more sense. I didn't know the factory pickup had that little spacer on it.

You can't get any clearer than that LOL

Nope, but the creepy dude staring at ya is weird.

panJPG.JPG

Those look like it was dirty when it was fired. Yes, crap went through it after but that's a mess. BTW - lack of oil pressure is a critical deal. It's not "insignificant" at all.
My first thought, that motor went together without being cleaned properly.
Second though, all the darker grey portions of the bearings show lack of oiling.

Improper lube upon assembly or no oil psi at some point and crap in the gallies. You can expect poor idle oil psi when you wash out all the bearings with metal bits left from machining.

-
Back