roll cage ???

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
talk with the loc. guy 2day about doing a 8 point in the duster for my son just want to see what you guys thought about the price....810.00 thats the cage with everything tied in and scale the car for weight on each corner.....this is c/m tube....

Not bad at all, just make sure it takes it all to the frame rails otherwise waste of money.

When I did mine, it took three of us 12 hours non stop.

That's a good price for a moly cage. Make sure to ask which welding process he plans on using.

Also the landing plates need to be up to spec.

oh yea he does a great job just has/had some problems ..i know of a few low 5 cars and a guy from around my way had a road runner that he that was cert. for any track...all glass exc. the top of the car with a 604 and a glide/vac. pump/belt drive fuel pump the thing was bad......ive seen him turn 2 cars over and some as they clean the track he's in someone else car ready to go.....he told me he would do my rear for 150.00 but i want to learn and my son needs to learn if he plans to race....hahahahe had a set of qa-1 coil overs on the counter and man they where nice,i played with them a few min. change the setting and could tell a diff. in my hand how they work...i need to go out and buy the tube and get bob to show me how it goes hint/hint bob......but thanks guys i thought it was a good price and would fit good to the car but my sons safty is #1.....

Sounds cheap, that would cost well over $2000 here, I have a 14 point cage in mine and every one goes to the frame.

sorry to high-jack your post.but can you guys post picks of your rollcages.so i know what you guys are talking about.(going to the frame rails)i just got my dart back from getting a 12point in it.all i got was inside the car nothing going under the hood.he is saying he will finish the job and if its not going to the frame rails i will be talking to him about that too.i guess that is what i get for paying up front.thanks

sorry to high-jack your post.but can you guys post picks of your rollcages.so i know what you guys are talking about.(going to the frame rails)i just got my dart back from getting a 12point in it.all i got was inside the car nothing going under the hood.he is saying he will finish the job and if its not going to the frame rails i will be talking to him about that too.i guess that is what i get for paying up front.thanks

They have to cut through the sheetmetal of the floor and attach directly to the frame rails.

good thread , I was going to buy the competition engineering 10 point , seems easy enough to install . any one use that one ??

I started with sub-frame connectors, which gives something to land on with the main roll bar.

good thread , I was going to buy the competition engineering 10 point , seems easy enough to install . any one use that one ??

Buy an S&W, Morrison or Chassisworks before spending any money with CE.

Depends on which part of the country you live in for which one I'd buy.

I bought a S&W 8 pt. cage($179)after shipping to Canada,it was almost $300.Still a good deal in my books,it,s all cut and notched for fitting.I just have to trim the 2 front running bars.Your price sounds good for cage and install!Good Luck.

Each contact point should either be anchored via a thick plate to the frame or the builder will sometimes cut a hole and drop the tubing right threw the floor and into the frame. This is the method I prefer but you dont see it much.

Just to add:

Before I started my SFI 25.5 spec build I bought a SFI 25.5 Spec booklet.

A SFI booklet covers the cage and chassis safety requirements for your particular car. You will have to decide where your car fits in relation to the SFI specs required to run your car legally. And yes, I've seen guys bounced during a tech inspection for not meeting the SFI specs.

The SFI booklet contains reference pictures (diagrams) and a complete description of each step of the cage or chassis build process.

It's $35.00 US (plus postage) well spent.

FYI - 4130N (moly) tubing must be TIG welded.

I hope everything works out for you.

My 2 cents

sscuda

Buy an S&W, Morrison or Chassisworks before spending any money with CE.

Depends on which part of the country you live in for which one I'd buy.

?? Is this a reference to different rules around tracks or just shipping costs?

With these cars being uni-body,I was gonna weld the plates to the floors above the frame.(Floors attached to frame)I also have frame connectors.So no need to cut the floors to attach to the frame.That,s only for full frame cars?Am I correct with this?This is what it says per the instructions with my S&W cage.Thanks for any reply,s.

-
Back