Roll Call: Spring Fling XXII Van Nuys Ca May 3&4, 2008 w/updates & pics

-
I will be there on sunday with my Dart.

dart2.jpg

im going with my friend in his jeep.
just look for a guy with a Miller Welding hat and pentastar tattoo on the left wrist walking around with a long haired guy.

im going with my friend in his jeep.
just look for a guy with a Miller Welding hat and pentastar tattoo on the left wrist walking around with a long haired guy.

Guy code states that you can look no further south than what's on another guy's t-shirt so looking for tattoos on other guy's ankles ain't gonna happen. I will definitely keep an eye out for the Miller welding hat though. ;-)

I'll be there, just haven't decided if the Duster will make it or not. She's still running & all I haven't had anytime to work on her like I want to with the way things are living at my wife's grandfathers house. I barely got her in the garage last fall & space is so tight in there that all I can do is park her in there. I haven't driven her in at least 2 months.

Guy code states that you can look no further south than what's on another guy's t-shirt so looking for tattoos on other guy's ankles ain't gonna happen. I will definitely keep an eye out for the Miller welding hat though. ;-)

hahahahahaahahaha...

fine ill find one of my mopar shirts. its on my wrist not my ankle.

Please reply to this thread and confirm this list I have from other threads:

redfastback -68 red barracuda fastback
daves66valiant -Dave's 66 Valiant conv
GTXperiance -71 340 Cuda
MoparJ -73 Duster, 69 340-S fastback
socal_65dartgt -65 Dart GT
oldmoparsrule -white 66 Dart?
cyberbackpacker - white 75 Swinger and light blue 65 Barracuda
robertnb64 - green 69 Barracuda w/ 5.7 hemi and Alterkion

crackedback -?? selling parts??
Ray's 340 -flying in from Tampa Bay
lilcuda -driving down

The '68 Plymouth Valiant Raffle Car to benefit The California School for the Deaf, Riverside will be there. Come see the car, purchase a ticket, and meet some FABO members that volunteered thier time, money, and sweat for a great cause:
Carriesduster -Duster
OCDart -69 Dart
67gtx - yellow 71 Dart Swinger with bumble bee stripe with flames :thumleft:

Are these FABO's member coming and with those cars? :help:

Locked and loaded! But only for Saturday; we're flying home on Sunday. Looking forward to it!

Ray

Name is Tony .... If everything goes well at work I will be leaving New york in about a week, to bring my 68 Dart there ... It was at the show around 1980 or earlier And I want to bring it out one more time .... Hope to see you all there

056.jpg

Name is Tony .... If everything goes well at work I will be leaving New york in about a week, to bring my 68 Dart there ... It was at the show around 1980 or earlier And I want to bring it out one more time .... Hope to see you all there

HOLY FIRETRUCK!

thats one hell of a 'vert!!!!

Thanks for sharing a pic of your Monster Dart Convert......holy crap, I'll bet that attracts a crowd!!!!

All the way from New York City [in Pace Picante ad voice]

:notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

Well, us west coast guys will have to be on our best behavior. :munky2:

Do you plan to do any sight seeing in town?

List of So Cal Car Related Automobile Museums

BTW Is this the GTS vert that maybe used to be in central california? Jim Lusk always talks of a certain Pro Street 68 GTS vert that was like the first pro street car ever or something.

Yes this would be the one ......

Tony,

I would love to see the Dart again. It's been way too many years. I ran Roland Merman several times when he owned it at Fremont Dragstrip (pre-Baylands). BTW: I was over at Tach's house a couple of weeks ago talking about it. He was showing me some original chasiss/cage skethches from (I believe it was) Cab-Co. Man, I know he would love hearing from you.

I'm sorry to say that myself and Tach no longer get along .... But I have always wanted to bring the car back .... And if things go well at work you will see me there ... staying with a friend in SD ..... I think I will have a blast .... Hope to see ya there .....

I'm sorry to say that myself and Tach no longer get along .... But I have always wanted to bring the car back .... And if things go well at work you will see me there ... staying with a friend in SD ..... I think I will have a blast .... Hope to see ya there .....

Pm sent.

Two weekends away, boys and girls.

Is there any more interest in the Friday Malibu cruise? Please let us know, so we have an idea of drivers we need to account for.

Just installed my go-wing, and painted my hood, I'm ready to go!
Now I just have to play the waiting game.
And since my mopar is my daily driver, not let it get crashed into by other LA drivers. :(

Just installed my go-wing, and painted my hood, I'm ready to go!
Now I just have to play the waiting game.
And since my mopar is my daily driver, not let it get crashed into by other LA drivers. :(

Thats the tough one.

Last night, when pulling into the parking lot for a CPW meeting, there was a crazy woman in a B series van with /6 stalled in the middle of the parking lot. I am pretty sure she was all hoped up on some narcotic. Anyways, I stopped to give her a jump start. It did not work, so I rewired her cobbled battery cable from the alternator just enough to get it to fire after a second jump. Even though I told her not to, she kept messing with the jumper cables and arching them.

It fried my tach in the Duster and now its stuck at 7,500 rpm. Plus, I was 15 minutes late. I thought being a good samaritan pays? Oh well, its just a $75 tach. Damn.

Two weekends away, boys and girls.

Is there any more interest in the Friday Malibu cruise? Please let us know, so we have an idea of drivers we need to account for.

So I assume the cruise will be going through Malibu canyon?

Where to from there?

Thanks.
John

So I assume the cruise will be going through Malibu canyon?

Where to from there?

Thanks.
John

Spring Fling Cruise to Malibu

Starts at Woodley park at 9:00am Friday
Travel through Santa Monica Mountains to the Famous Rock Store biker hangout. Travel to Pacific Coast Highway and drive with the Ocean on your side. Lunch at noted Dukes Resturant with wave crashing next to your window seat.

FF07CruiseCalimoparguy-2a.jpg
FF07CruiseNASBackyard-7a.jpg
FF07CruiseNASBackyard-14a.jpg

FF07CruiseCalimoparguy-1a.jpg
FF07CruiseCalimoparguy-5a.jpg

Spring Fling Cruise to Malibu

Starts at Woodley park at 9:00am Friday
Travel through Santa Monica Mountains to the Famous Rock Store biker hangout. Travel to Pacific Coast Highway and drive with the Ocean on your side. Lunch at noted Dukes Resturant with wave crashing next to your window seat.

FF07CruiseCalimoparguy-2a.jpg
FF07CruiseNASBackyard-7a.jpg
FF07CruiseNASBackyard-14a.jpg

FF07CruiseCalimoparguy-1a.jpg
FF07CruiseCalimoparguy-5a.jpg

I love those pictures, Steve.

Makes my Duster look a little glossier than it actually is.

Here here to the cruise:cheers:

Here's what I'm bringing.
Spent all weekend getting it ready, should I enter it in judged class?

blackhood2.jpg

Here's what I'm bringing.
Spent all weekend getting it ready, should I enter it in judged class?

blackhood2.jpg

Hell yeah, why not?

If you are not comfortable for some reason, you can always enter into the in progress class.

But,hey, run what you brung, as Steve says. I built mine for cruising and just a nice cruise/show piece, so if no awards come, oh well. Compliments still come and I enjoy my ride, which is what counts.

BTW, nice daily driver!!! Looking good...

You rolling with us on the Friday cruise as well?

-
Back