Roller block lifters/ solids/ rockers?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
The "new engine" assembly came to a complete stop, it is:

An LA roller on which we are going to use EQ Magnum heads (drilled for LA intake)

I WAS going to use an Oregon regrind which is "close to" a Comp XE-268H only the lifters turned out to have...........NO OIL HOLES (they were for the LA/ roller/ LA heads)

I'm just about ready to buy a new comp cam, only I'd LIKE to get a solid lifter cam

(I CAN just buy magnum lifters and use them with what I have AKA hydraulic, after measuring and buying custom length pushrods)

What is the "bang for buck" best approach to adjustable rockers?

AND IF ONE OF YOU doesn't like my "millennial" terminology, just pick up your **** and move on LMFAO!!!

laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

Next question..........If I just buy magnum roller hydraulic lifters, --and use the regrind I have in it now--

who/ what is the best deal there?

If you need a set of solid oil through lifters I have a set that were reground by Oregon cam. I'll never use them.

Yer in box is full. I take it these are flat tappets? (not roller?) Depending on what you want for them I might take 'em anyhow

I’m confused by what style cam you have now, flat tappet or roller.

Yer in box is full. I take it these are flat tappets? (not roller?) Depending on what you want for them I might take 'em anyhow

Yes solid flat tappets. Damn mail box. I gotta join and become a gold member.

Il clear it out in a few minutes.

I’m confused by what style cam you have now, flat tappet or roller.

This is a reground hydraulic roller from Oregon cams "as close as I can get" to a Comp XE 268H. The block is LA "roller" and the heads are EQ (magnum) drilled for LA intake.

Turns out I had a set of magnum lifters I didn't know I had, and the heads / cam / lifters are in. I may change later but for now "I guess" we'll stay with the hydraulic cam

Back to work Wed-Thu-Fri, but hope to get the pushrod length sorted out-----reground cam means smaller cam circle, you knew that!!

I think eventually I will want adjustable rockers whether I go flat, roller, hydraulic or solid !!! LOL

I did find the Hughes article on the subject.............

-
Back