Roller Cam LA 360

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Would a LA360 from a 1990 Ram be the roller cam variety?

Are there any other differences in the roller cam LA vs a non-roller cam LA besides of course, the roller camshaft?

Thanks.

pushrod holes in heads are bigger on roller motor, and some roller motors wont have gas pump mounts on timing cover...

Roller cam and lifters breathing through 308 heads, (which can be well ported and flow really good) shorter pushrods. Excellent platform for basic hot rod upgrades. For the KISS method, upgrade the cam some, replace the timing chain, install a 4bbl. intake & a 750 carb., add headers.
Then go rock and roll!

What’s up? Score one or thinking about it?

Roller cam and lifters breathing through 308 heads, (which can be well ported and flow really good) shorter pushrods. Excellent platform for basic hot rod upgrades. For the KISS method, upgrade the cam some, replace the timing chain, install a 4bbl. intake & a 750 carb., add headers.
Then go rock and roll!

What’s up? Score one or thinking about it?

Thanks guys. I may have a buddy with one. Just day dreaming how nice it'd be to have a 4" arm motor in the 68 Dart with my RHS heads...

Then maybe saving my current 340 for a future hotrod build.

Like I said- day dreaming... :lol:

Go for it.
I've got one of those 4 inchers with indy 202 heads from IMM and a Fitech 600 @ 10.5:1. Goes like hell with the 3.23's and pitches my 68 Cuda sideways at 30 with the 3.55's. Rev limiter mandatory. Has a long power band and pulls like hell. I'm guessing it's real close to 500 will probably be more after the switch to solid roller lifters.

Good base to start with. Don't remember if there were carbs and FI back then, if it's an FI engine it's for sure a roller. The block is different with some drilled bosses in valley for a spider roller lifter retainer. If you can pull the dist, look into valley for the spider.

The TBI engines had roller cam from 88 (318), 89 (360) until the magnums came out in 92 for the 318 and 93 for the 360.

-
Back