roller camshaft replacement

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've got a 66 cuda with a 318 roller camshaft motor. I was looking for a slightly higher performance camshaft to replace the stock camshaft but the only ones I keep finding are the flat tappet camshafts. Can anyone recommend a camshaft or is the factory one ok for mild street use. Being that I still have the restrictive 273 manifolds I know i can't get too crazy with it.

Go to ebay search for "360 magnum" click on "Dodge Magnum Hydraulic Roller Camshaft HR-279-MSBS-360" I bought a cam from this guy and it is a factory core reground. Ask him the question of does he have other grinds and he will tell you how to get to the list of grinds he has available. I searched and searched for a cam for my 360 Magnum and this is absolutely the cheapest deal I could find on a Magnum camshaft. You do not need new lifters as you can reuse roller lifters unlike flat tappet cams. If you really want new lifters Indy Cylinder Head has stock Magnum replacements(new) for $95.00. The factory camshaft in the original 318 if I remember correctly only has around .400 lift and around 210 degrees @.050. He had several cams for your application that should be worth at least 30 horsepower over stock and around 50 horses if you have other modifications.

Comp Cams .com
Huges engines .com

Thanks for the help. I didn't know that I could run a magnum camshaft in this thing.

Yea, ya could, but then you would have to get the cam snout adapter from Huges engines for the fuel pump esentric. You can just get a roller cam designed for the "LA" engine and pop it in.

-
Back