roller rocker recommendations

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
Just seeing what some of you are using and if your happy with them. I'm thinking of getting some hughes aluminum roller rockers or comp steel ones. What's everyone using street strip car

I ran Hughes 1.6 rollers on my 340 and my 408, 13 years between the two engines. I had to grind the pi$$ out of them to clear the Comp springs and had no issues afterwards. Very good rockers for the money IMO.

Get some no name chinkesium.

About to throw some Hughes Rockers on my Eddy heads. Hopefully geometry works out ok.
The Comp Pro Magnums seem to have a good rep also but I have not used them. :D

Cheers,
Teedog

PRW 1.6 AL on Edelbrock heads. Geometry was good. But had to drill some oiling holes on the valve side to make myself good to use them. Some setup work. Only 400+ miles so far with no issues detected, so the jury is still out for me. Will be inspecting them in the next 100 miles or so.

PRW 1.6 AL on Edelbrock heads. Geometry was good. But had to drill some oiling holes on the valve side to make myself good to use them. Some setup work. Only 400+ miles so far with no issues detected, so the jury is still out for me. Will be inspecting them in the next 100 miles or so.

What made you decide on the aluminum ones over the stainless?

My dad put the Hughes on is 440. They work well. I have Comp Magnums that are no longer made. Stick to quality stuff, Comp, Crane, Hughes, Lunati, Scorpion, etc, or Stock 273 adjustable

-
Back