Ron Pratt / Barett Jackson

-

65-440

Reaction score
Just turned to the First day of Barrett Jackson, Ron Pratt cars going across the block...... FOR STUPID MONEY !! holy **** ...

Christine just sold for $180,000!
Pricey 58 Plymouth.

Ron Pratt cars going across the block...... FOR STUPID MONEY !! holy **** ...

I agree but from everything I have heard about him he only bought the best and rarest cars ...I cant wait to see what his cars on Saturday bring.

I agree but from everything I have heard about him he only bought the best and rarest cars ...I cant wait to see what his cars on Saturday bring.

That's what they say, his museum looked awesome. I'm sure the prices are high because of who owned them though!

The actual "Christine" movie car?

It was one of them that was used.

I love the 70 Cuda Hemi 4 speed Plum crazy!!!
41 Caddy convertible was sharp. Black with red interior.

And the models are pretty hot too!

I got a chance to see a lot of those cars today - lots of wing cars at BJ! Not a lot of a-bodies. Here are pix of some of the cars I found interesting - not sure how to interlace comments with the pix, so I'll put the comments first:

GM Futureliner: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Futurliner
Tomahawk 'bike' - Viper V10 powered
A 'special order' Rolls Royce Pickup (I can imagine, "You want a what? A pick up? That's a truck you say?)
The truck from the Beverly Hillbillies (went for over $200k I think?)
A full size early 70s Chrysler wagon that somebody got for $5.7k - looked like a very nice car
An Andy Granatelli turbine car from the 1968 Indy 500
One of the nicest Dodge A100s I've seen (273 powered, per the sign)
And the guy from Gas Monkey - this photo is right before the producer yelled at us to get out of the background of their shot

Lots of cool rides (only saw one Abody inside - a wicked looking 1968 Barracuda set up for drag racing - didn't get a good pic - it was near the Beverly Hillbillies truck and the lighting was terrible). A nice Duster outside. Lots of Roadrunners, GTXs, a couple of SuperBees, tons of Challengers and a few Barracudas/Cudas - not many Chargers - tons of Wing cars - mostly Superbirds)

Attachments

• GM Futureliner.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 551
  • The Tomahawk.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 556
  • Rolls Pickup.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 539
  • Beverly Hillbillies truck 2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 547
  • Chrysler Wagon.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 540
  • Turbine Indy Car from 1968.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 549
  • Dodge A100.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 537
  • Gas Monkey.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 534
I forgot to add - they had free rides in a Hellcat Challenger, a SRT Challenger, and a Viper. They had a very short dragstrip set up where they would have 'hot laps' of Hellcat vs. SRT Challenger (maybe 100 yards or so? then they'd u-turn/swap lanes and come back to the start and do it again). The Viper ran on an autocross type track (very crowded - Viper(s), some new Corvettes, something like a Burb or Escalade, not sure what all else. We got there too late to get in line. They offered a trivia contest to jump to the front of the line, but couldn't hear me hollering the answers from the top of the hill above where they were running ("What does SRT stand for?" and, when nobody got that one, "What brakes do we use to stop these beasts?" - some Canadian guy got that one)

Also, right as you entered, they had a couple of Mustang GTs set up side by side, facing the door, with a Christmas Tree between them. Both the cars were on dynos. Every hour or so, they'd run a 'drag race' on the dynos and generate ETs and top speeds and declare a winner. I was trying to get a video of it, but never got there before it was over. Cool idea though, and it sounded great.

I can't take all the commercials they show.

Does anyone know if it can be seen in Ontario this year? In the past it had been on Speed Channel, but that is no longer available here. I sure miss Speedvision!

Does anyone know if it can be seen in Ontario this year? In the past it had been on Speed Channel, but that is no longer available here. I sure miss Speedvision!

Most of the auction is being broadcast on Discovery World HD in Ontario (channel 1601 in Bell Express VU) from 6:00-11:00 PM eastern time zone Tuesday-Friday.

On Saturday it's being broadcast from 4:00-8:00 on Discovery Channel and then from 8:00-12:00 on Discovery World HD again.

On Sunday from 2:00-7:00 it's on Discovery World HD.

There was a commercial last night announcing on Feb 12 Discovery World HD will become VELOCITY CHANNEL in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It can be streamed live off of the Barrett-Jackson website. I don't have cable so that's how I watch it. The quality last night was hit and miss, but at least I get the idea of what's going on.

There are actually several auto auctions going on in the Phoenix metro area this week. Barrett is the largest and most well known, but not necessarily the best for Muscle Car enthusiasts. If you want to watch something geared a bit closer to what I consider OUR kinds of cars, take a look @ the live internet stream starting on Thursday @ the Russo and Steele auction..:)

http://russoandsteele.com/auction_vehicles.php?search_text=&auction_pk=All

I'll be living down there this time next year. I'll have my 71RR at Russo for sure.

Why do people think by tearing the car completely down and buying replacement metal it is worth $10k more?

You let me know when you find that answer ! A '69 bee is a nice car, but would expect more for $12k. Maybe all the metal repaired and body ready for paint ... plus all the listed parts / drivetrain ?

I don't get it. Why would someone clone a HEMI Cuda out of an original AAR Cuda???

And does anyone know what a "sure grip 4:10 posi traction rear end" is?? LOL.

I don't get it. Why would someone clone a HEMI Cuda out of an original AAR Cuda???

Stupid IMO

And does anyone know what a "sure grip 4:10 posi traction rear end" is?? LOL.

Those B-J clowns apparently do. Steve Magnante put out a book a couple yrs. ago and claimed the 741 case 8-3/4 unit uses a 8-1/4 ring gear therefore it's a light duty unit and should be avoided. He also wrote an article for Car Craft (If I remember right it was car craft) a couple yrs. ago about the Chrysler 8-3/4 rearend and had several errors. One of which was they showed a cone type SG and said it was the rebuildable clutch type. I wrote in and politely corrected him but never heard a word back nor was it printed. Go figure

For 51K, tear the hemi out and sell the shell or put a 340-6 engine in it and have a spare hemi laying around. I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happens to that car.

-
Back