Rookie mistake

-
It's great you caught you mistake, congrats!!!!! Gonna ask the question of why do you think you need to buy new head gaskets? If they are not torn, or other wise damaged, they haven't gone thru a thermal cycle, I'd bolt them back down and go!

YIKES! I've heard of stop when it sounds expensive, but usually people are joking...that's just ugly!

I got my block and rotating assembly back from the shop, balanced, assembly washed and ready to assemble. I got 7 of the KB pistons mounted , ringed (yeah, gapped the rings) and found the eighth piston was a clone of the 7th. They are a older set of the 107's. So I have that on the shelf now and a new one in it's place. The new one has the same flycut for the intake and exhaust. They're trying to save us from ourselves..

I got my block and rotating assembly back from the shop, balanced, assembly washed and ready to assemble. I got 7 of the KB pistons mounted , ringed (yeah, gapped the rings) and found the eighth piston was a clone of the 7th. They are a older set of the 107's. So I have that on the shelf now and a new one in it's place. The new one has the same flycut for the intake and exhaust. They're trying to save us from ourselves..

...some people's kids :banghead:

You bought new gaskets, You think the head and intake gasket were spent? My rookie mistake was priming a small block with a drill with no oil sender installed...and that was 2 months ago! Good catch.
I once started a motor and found a main bearing shell under the car when i backed it out...oops!

We all make mistakes, me included. Years ago at a new job I screwed something up and told the boss...he said good, because if I had not screwed up within the first few weeks he would have fired me because He figured me the newbee was hiding mistakes.
A friend of a friend...a very experienced rock climber. clipped his harness onto the rope for a 800 foot rappel down a cliff face...well he wasn't clipped onto the rope. He made a rookie mistake. He jumps off to start the descent, and off he goes. That was the end of him.

-
Back