Ross' '71 dart swinger

-
not yet I haven't been that adventurous, don't want to see sbp... I do need a gas cap if anyone has one, I don't want a chrome one. I would like to be able to paint it to match. We are thinking about putting on some 15in steelies with poverty caps when we switch to the 73+ k member and lbp. Anyone in the Seattle area have the conversion stuff that they would want to sell? Looking to buy 73+ v8 kmember with the disk breaks, proportioning valve, power breaks, T bars??????

the knobs I am looking for

DCP_4067.jpg

DCP_4066.jpg

DCP_4065.jpg

Are you looking for just the knobs or the whole crank? Im pretty sure that I have some but I will be gone until sunday evening. Swing by the house after 7pm Sunday or sometime during the week. like I said before, If the dart is in the driveway Im home.

Thanks but I think I am trading for it with Ben. I think I am going and getting your parts today, so I should have them. (thanks for everything you have been very helpful! and I enjoy our friendship) Ben, Here is a pic of the backing plate.

No problem man, come over to the garage and hang out any time (It might even modivate me to work on Nikkis 72 lol) !

Hey, that blue dart that is in the service shop at the Shell station down the road from me is for sale! It is a 318/auto/8 1/4 rear car. They just installed a new Eddy intake and carb on it and were trying to figure out why the stock 2bbl kickdown wasn't working, lol. I don't know what the guy wants for it but I left them my card and told him to call me.
It is a pretty solid car and it would be a shame to rip all the gutts out for Taras car, I know how much you love the front ends on the later Darts lol. They also installed new upper A arm bushings and the calipers are going out.

Im out in Port Orchard at my dads shop putting the heads and Eddy intake back on my van right now and Frankenmutt has puppy school tomorow afternoon so I should be home after that around 7pm if you wanna swing by.

I'm sure every one is a little board of seeing my pics but here is some more. The leaning tower of power is where it belongs, not in Tara's Dart. Sorry JR I know you were rooting to keep the mighty slant.

DCP_4073.jpg

What color you going with?
You may have said that though.

She's gonna kill you...LOL.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, We are thinking about white with a black top, but she just saw a b5 blue and really liked it so to make a long story short it will be black for now and we will decide when the time comes.

WOW, I go outside to have a smoke lastnite around 11pm and its like friggin christmas on my porch lol! SantaRoss left me car parts for my 53 lastnite! Thanks man! Hey guys Ross is good people and a great guy to deal with. :cheers:

Your Dart looks to be nice and solid!
Is that your 68 slab side in the pics. with it?

yep thats th '68 or as I like to call her the mint boat. just had to get a pick of them together
btw E.S. that is a very nice looking scamp I like the steelies with poverty caps.

yep thats th '68 or as I like to call her the mint boat. just had to get a pick of them together
btw E.S. that is a very nice looking scamp I like the steelies with poverty caps.

Thanks but it hasn't looked like that in over a year,it's in lots of pieces.

I know the felling my aspen has been apart for the past few years and I am getting itchy to work on it. I think that is why I am going so hard on the dart.

Ross, I found the window cranks (in excellnt condition I might add). I think you said you just needed the knobs but I will send the entire crank w/knob. Did you say that you need the round plastic spacers as well? Do you need the special attaching screws?

Re: the armrest bases. I have a pair for you (non-chrome). The pass side has a little crack but I don't think you will notice it once the pad is on. Do you need the screws for that as well or do you have those already? The bases are approx. 11.5" long with the armrest holes being 4.75" center to center. Is that correct? BTW: Did you need the pair or just the pass side?

.. I do need a gas cap if anyone has one, I don't want a chrome one. I would like to be able to paint it to match.

is this car a california emmisions car? if it is it will have an extra pipe in the trunk like the gas neck. it is for fuel vapors. 1971 cars have a 1 year only fuel liller neck that has a different pattern gas cap. only a 1971 cap will fit tightly. any other will be loose. chrome aftermarket or painted originals. the only cure is to get a proper 71 cap, or replace the fuel neck w/ a 72-76 a bodie filler neck. dusters and demons and dartsports work as well as swingers and scamps. the necks are the same. i had to do the same thing to mine. 73-76 have a bend for added trunk room as well....

I have everything but the knob so the crank with know will be fine, on the armrest base all I need is the passenger side because when I dropped it by accident it shattered into a few to may pieces. They do look like the 11.5". Thanks, and I am really sorry to hear that the U.S. postal service treated the trim like they did, was it all still there? is it salvageable?

Ross, I found the window cranks (in excellnt condition I might add). I think you said you just needed the knobs but I will send the entire crank w/knob. Did you say that you need the round plastic spacers as well? Do you need the special attaching screws?

Re: the armrest bases. I have a pair for you (non-chrome). The pass side has a little crack but I don't think you will notice it once the pad is on. Do you need the screws for that as well or do you have those already? The bases are approx. 11.5" long with the armrest holes being 4.75" center to center. Is that correct? BTW: Did you need the pair or just the pass side?

is this car a california emmisions car? if it is it will have an extra pipe in the trunk like the gas neck. it is for fuel vapors. 1971 cars have a 1 year only fuel liller neck that has a different pattern gas cap. only a 1971 cap will fit tightly. any other will be loose. chrome aftermarket or painted originals. the only cure is to get a proper 71 cap, or replace the fuel neck w/ a 72-76 a bodie filler neck. dusters and demons and dartsports work as well as swingers and scamps. the necks are the same. i had to do the same thing to mine. 73-76 have a bend for added trunk room as well....

Interesting it is the California modal then because it has the extra filler tube, I was wondering if that is what it was.

Tara is a keeper! My wife is pretty good about the car thing, but she sure doesn't help out like that.

I have everything but the knob so the crank with know will be fine, on the armrest base all I need is the passenger side because when I dropped it by accident it shattered into a few to may pieces. They do look like the 11.5". Thanks, and I am really sorry to hear that the U.S. postal service treated the trim like they did, was it all still there? is it salvageable?

Just so I have it straight in my head, I am sending one crank w/knob and one passenger (front) armrest base, correct? I'll wait to hear back from you and will get it out to you asap. What I'll do is subtract the shipping from the shipping I owe you and include that in the package. Sound good?

As for the post office, they can sometimes be a little hard on oddly shaped packages (in this case 7 ft. tubes). A couple of the trim pieces must have slipped through one end when the tape came off and a couple of the longer pieces got bent (but not too badly) where the two tubes were butted up and taped. BTW: When I butt up tubes (especially when each is three feet or longer) I like to use a connecting sleeve inside. It makes it a lot more rigid. Anyway, let me know if I am correct on the parts list and I will get them shipped. Thanks again.

On the shipping that was what I was hopping you would do, and like I said feel free to take a little more off because of my bad packaging. I was hopping to get two of the knobs but one will be fine with the base plate. Thanks!

Just so I have it straight in my head, I am sending one crank w/knob and one passenger (front) armrest base, correct? I'll wait to hear back from you and will get it out to you asap. What I'll do is subtract the shipping from the shipping I owe you and include that in the package. Sound good?

As for the post office, they can sometimes be a little hard on oddly shaped packages (in this case 7 ft. tubes). A couple of the trim pieces must have slipped through one end when the tape came off and a couple of the longer pieces got bent (but not too badly) where the two tubes were butted up and taped. BTW: When I butt up tubes (especially when each is three feet or longer) I like to use a connecting sleeve inside. It makes it a lot more rigid. Anyway, let me know if I am correct on the parts list and I will get them shipped. Thanks again.

-
Back