Ross' '71 dart swinger

-
Well I am finally working on the swinger and it feels good to get something done. As some of you may have seen I have been having fun with a z bar, but I finally have that all straitened out. I also have the floor hump cut, and am mounting the shifter. I still need to finish painting the dash that GTX sent me and finish the steering column. I took it all apart and cut the auto stuff off to make it smooth for a four speed. Tara likes the early style dash without the key in the colum so when we swap dashes the key will move as well. I need to install the T bars but am waiting for to go to the parts store to get greese because my tie rod adjuster sleaves are not in yet. I cleaned and painted a set of 340 bars, I also still need to hook up the brakes, but am waiting on a new firewall gasket set. Well thats all for now time to get back to it.

DCP_4272.jpg

DCP_4273.jpg

DCP_4274.jpg

DCP_4275.jpg

DCP_4267.jpg

DCP_4270.jpg

I have made tons of progress recently because I need to take that dart back to Tara's parents house because my aspen is finally coming home. I got the breaks fixed and the 360 all wired thanks to JR. The cooling system is in and the 360 has been primed. We thought there was a problem because oil was not getting to the rockers but when we turned the crank it did. Anyway JR and I are going to try to fire her off sometime this week, Ill keep you posted.

DCP_4294.jpg

DCP_4293.jpg

DCP_4295.jpg

DCP_4297.jpg

DCP_4296.jpg

DCP_4292.jpg

Hey Tara will you marry me. LOL good to see a pretty lady in the loop. You have to promis us some Bikini shots nextto the car when its done. dart looks great im a HUGE flat black guy.

Note* I had NOTHING to do with the wires under the dash!

Im thinking that we should shoot for Sunday late afternoon to go over there and fire it.

It's alive!!! sorta.

God Im, cheap look what I take as payment. Im not a drunk or anything really Im not...Yeah I know the first step is to yadda yadda yadda.

100_2828.jpg

well you beat me too it. It ran! sorta... JR thinks a new fuel pump. well it's always one more thing.

It Runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JR and I have been fighting her for awhile now and today we finally got her to fire! This is such a huge relief and Tara and I are very happy. I have a few things to do before she is drivable but I was able to drive her from where she sat on the street to the driveway! SHE RUNS!!!!!!!

Hey! I sleep....sometimes. Like tonite I have to wake up in 3 hrs and drive to Missoula, MT. I can sleep on the way there with no problem it's only 8 hrs away.

Another great thread here at FABO. It has me even more excited to start working on my new 68 Dart :) I need to get the garage cleared out so I can get the suspension and driveline moved from my Duster to the Dart. Then, I'll be ordering the tubular K-Frame, control arms, and getting the Dana rear end for the Duster. It may be next winter before I can get all the body panels I need for my cars, but that will be a good winter project for next year.

j

Well some good news! I am going to be taking the dart into school to finish whats left of the body work and then paint her! I still need a few parts before I can swap out the dash but it is slowly coming together. I will post pics in a few days when I start on her.

Parts still needed ('68-'69 floor shift or 4spd steering column, a dash part - http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=51541) I is that really about it? I bet not)

In post #62, looks like someone murdered a robot there. LOL!

LMFAO - that's great:toothy10: Picture #2, I was trying to figure out what it looked like but you hit the nail on the head:cheers:

Sweet Dart - keep up the good work. And, as others have already said you are a lucky man to have a lady like Tara that's interested in cars.

take a look at what I scored! 100 bucks for both. They guy wanted 125 and I offered him 100 he took it. They are a little rough and I need wiring but it's all good. They look so much better then the alternative and I had a good looking alternative. I need a tach!

I think I can modify the beat up one to look almost like a later style dash.

DCP_4439.jpg

DCP_4438.jpg

DCP_4437.jpg

DCP_4436.jpg

DCP_4435.jpg

DCP_4434.jpg

DCP_4433.jpg

well I am having lots and lots of fun. I had to pull the windows and fix some nice sized holes in the window channel, I then took the channels down to bare metal and por 15 them. I was so proud of myself for not breaking the rear window. All the bondo you see is skim coats. The heavy rust is in the trunk looking up so I am por 15 it all. I still have to pull the doors to repin and paint the jams as well as patch the drivers door. Lots of work left but lots of work done.

DCP_4452.jpg

DCP_4445.jpg

DCP_4448.jpg

DCP_4447.jpg

DCP_4450.jpg

DCP_4454.jpg

DCP_4455.jpg

DCP_4457.jpg

DCP_4460.jpg

DCP_4461.jpg

Well I was pulling the interior all apart today and I took out the vertical rear seat and there was the build sheet! Very cool. I know it doesn't add any value to this car but it is cool to have the history. Anyway thats about it I got most of the interior out and also got another car fixed and ready to send to the paint side. Just the one sheet, I took two pics.

DCP_4468.jpg

DCP_4467.jpg

Looks like its coming right along! Great work so far too! :-D

Sweet find on the buildsheet. Even if its nothing special its always nice to have one, can't hurt if you decide to sell anyway. Better to be able to advertise it with the buildsheet than not! And I agree, its cool just for the history on the car, even if you don't keep it stock.

-
Back