rotisserie problem

-

Grumpyb

Reaction score
i bought an eastwood 3000 lb rotisserie and made brackets to attach where the bumpers were bolted on, the front seems to be ok but when I started jacking up the back it started to bend the brackets and seemed to lean forward so much that all the weight was on the single front wheel and the 2 back wheels were actually off the ground so I redid the brackets and mounted them uderneath on to the frame rails and it still seems to be leaning forward , not as much but I can clearly see it pointing down , I have looked at other ones on this website and another one they were both bolted on at the bumper location , one was a duster and the other a barracuda notchback. I am stumped ,I am using the attaching arms that came with it and it can't weigh more than the 3000 lb limit because the drivetrain and rear end and springs have been removed , any help would be appreaciated Thanks

Do you have the long piece in that ties the 2 parts together? The long bar that slides into the leg on each end where the front wheel is? Maybe look on You Tube to see if Eastwood has a tutorial on how to set it up. You are right to be concerned about it doing what it's doing!

Just looking at the pic of it on their website, that was the only thing I could think of. I don't know much about them, so just be careful until you get it figured out. You may have to wait until Monday and just call them.

I may have figures it out , i've been trying to jack it up to the proper height to spin but it looks like you have to jack it up then attach the rotisserie and use the rotisserie jack for minor adjustment and if it leans you have to put a bolt in the tube to lock it in place the use the jack to straighten it , i'll know tomorror if I feel like taking everything apart again

Can you take a picture of how you have the car mounted and individual shots of the full front and back of the car mounted?

Different brand but my car a few years ago on a rotary lift. Any thing look like it’s missing from your set up?

99145754-F789-429B-956E-CE980AAAD798.jpeg

55059ABB-3C27-4EC7-BA71-6E55ABDD3005.jpeg

pretty much looks the same , did you jack it up to the height you wanted before mounting the rotisserie ?

Mine has long bottle style jacks built in.
I had to bring the body up about 12” to start the process.
I made it easy and put the car on my 2 post lift and raised it to put it on and off the rig. Once on the rig I lowered the lift.
I realize that is not the case for everyone. Having a lift is a true blessing. Especially the older you get. If you use a floor jack and cinder blocks you can raise the body (or even jack stands I guess) to get it up over the cross support down the middle.

-
Back