rotisserie who needs one?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
she walks up to the 62 toad, asks what i'm doing? why are you lying on you back under the car welding? why is the grass on fire under there? why isn't it in the car shed?
maybe you shouldn't cuss when those welding sparks fall down your shirt???? I can bring you a sandwich and poke it under there for you???

why? no rotisserie. weldng in frame connectors. welding sparks ignite dry grass. car shed is full of projects. no concrete there anyway. welding sparks burn these little holes in ya and ya can't get to them to put them out. no room to move. cussing makes it not hurt so bad. nor will it heal if no cussing. yes, please make sandwich and stick it under here. been lying here so long I can't get out.
call the neighbor. he will pull me out.

Lmao
Sounds very familiar
I was just thinking the other day " damn I could use a lift or rotisserie!"

Yeah I love welding and sparks in my shoes. But you might check into buying a welding jacket or sleeves.

I made a rotisserie before they were readily available. Scrounged around the scrap bins at work and bought some cut-offs for scrap prices. Like 20 cents/lb or thereabouts. Talked to the saw guy and he cut me some short hunks of 2" and 2-1/2" pipes for the pivots. Found some free 5" casters, had some wood laying around doing nothing.
It's not adjustable and my guess at the CG was a little off. But next thing I know I had a home-made rotisserie that cost me no more than $10 and most of that was for the hardware..

Attachments

• img-412170601-0001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 405
Yeah I love welding and sparks in my shoes. But you might check into buying a welding jacket or sleeves.

I made a rotisserie before they were readily available. Scrounged around the scrap bins at work and bought some cut-offs for scrap prices. Like 20 cents/lb or thereabouts. Talked to the saw guy and he cut me some short hunks of 2" and 2-1/2" pipes for the pivots. Found some free 5" casters, had some wood laying around doing nothing.
It's not adjustable and my guess at the CG was a little off. But next thing I know I had a home-made rotisserie that cost me no more than $10 and most of that was for the hardware..

I admit I need one! I've considered making one but I keep telling myself, that at age 66 I need to slow down. i'm hoping that by next winter I can add on to the shed and make an enclosed HEATED addition with a little CONCRETE!! LOL
if I had one then I would want a small sandblaster to clean off the bottoms! LOL

I passed on a high end rotisserie for cheap last summer and I've been kicking myself ever since.

I lived up in north mo, for decades before I moved to s w Mo. there was a guy in st. joe that did commercial sandblasting. he had a boon truck, he would raise up my car , one end at a time , lie on his back and sandblast the whole underneath!!!!! you had to see it and hear it. never heard anyone that could cuss more.....

getting up and down, and moving around on your back, with all that suit one, well, you can imagine how it would be!!

I later heard he 'reformed" and became a Methodist preacher!!???? after he quit the sandblasting business??? LOL

-
Back