RPM Air Gap water hose question

-

rtee007

Deplorable Texan
Reaction score
I know someone has the answer, my existing cross over hose will not fit off the M1 Magnum to the Air Gap Magnum.
Any part # available for something that will work?

cross_zps9hdyg9oh.jpg

engine%20rockers_zpsr6vfx3zf.jpg

I would think you could use a reducer.
Gotta say, never seen anyone paint an Air Gap. Looks awesome!

Go buy a new hose for a 70 LA motor. They usually are longer and need to be cut shorter to fit. You also may need to cut the manifold fitting a little shorter to avoid hose kink. The manifold fitting on the airgap is designed for the serpentine belt setup.

I used a stock hose....a little razor trim did the trick and some muscle grease to position it in an acceptable manner.
Looks pretty awesome all painted up.

Sorry to say the first problem is also the answer and that would be the pipe used off the intake is to long and needs to be replaced by a more factory styled short pipe. I do not know why Edelbrock puts that thing in the box for use.

You need an intake manifold pipe only approx. a 1/2 - 3/4 inch long off the intake. Just enough to use a clamp to hold the hose on.
Cut that brass one down a good bit.

I know someone has the answer, my existing cross over hose will not fit off the M1 Magnum to the Air Gap Magnum.
Any part # available for something that will work?

cross_zps9hdyg9oh.jpg

engine%20rockers_zpsr6vfx3zf.jpg

Do you know what brand of headers you have on it.
I like that left side fitment.

Use a brass threaded pipe nipple from the hardware store. You cut the pipe 3/4" longer than the threads. It's smooth for more surface to clamp too.

Use a brass threaded pipe nipple from the hardware store. You cut the pipe 3/4" longer than the threads. It's smooth for more surface to clamp too.

I reinstalled the original short pipe fitting from the M1. but try as I may there is no way to get a hose to bend without it kinking. I have ordered a Mopar Performance silicone hose that I am understanding will work without collapsing too bad, saw it install and keeping finger crossed it works.
Wonder what next problem will be!

To update those interested and close this thread, I found a 45 degree brass fitting at the local hose shop. did a little grinding and made that work with the original by-pass hose and a little trim.
Now on to the new problem......no oil pressure when engine warm at idle :-(

^^ what he said...

I just sawed a couple of the ridges worth of length from the one Edelbrock provides, bought a cut to fit bypass hose and muscled it on there...but if you have a better solution, I'm down to see it.

All is well now :)

^^ what he said...

I just sawed a couple of the ridges worth of length from the one Edelbrock provides, bought a cut to fit bypass hose and muscled it on there...but if you have a better solution, I'm down to see it.

Good job! My simple solution is to just not use the bypass hose at all........all it really does after the engine is warm, is pump hot water back into the water pump instead of up the upper hose to the radiator.

-
Back