Rubber removal.

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
What are you guys useing to remove rubber from your paint?I normally use wax,but am looking for something quicker.I,m open to try anything that doesn,t harm paint.

Before you make a pass or do a burnout, spray your quarters down with a light coat of PAM cooking spray(or the equivalent), the rubber will wipe right off.

OH! You're talking about taking the rubber off your rear fenders after racing!
Whew! You had me scared there for awhile - thought this discussion was gonna go in an entirely different direction and someone was gonna ask for photos!
LOL!!!!!
OK then. WD40 it is.

Whew! You had me scared there for awhile - thought this discussion was gonna go in an entirely different direction and someone was gonna ask for photos!

Yeah that's the ticket...just spary some WD-40 on it! That might sting a little. Oh, by the way, Placentia? That's like one letter off of...well you know.

Wax and grease remover.

Goo Gone will get ride of that darn rubber and pam will keep it from coming back. With pam on before the burnout the and the rubber will wipe right off...wd-40 works great to keep the rubber from sticking and keeps the rust away...just try not to get it on your tires...dosen't do much for grip...

-
Back