rumblefish's Duster project

-
LOL @ Jimmy! I'll be happy with to grilled hot dawg's and a Pepsi.

Burnt. The fella I sold it to didn't take kindly to another cars challenge and raced him, toasting the engine in the process. He spun a bearing. So, he called me up and asked a few questions.

Being I had a spare 360 block... that I probably wouldn't have gotten to in a number of years... (All these engines, so little time...and money) I gave him a E-58 360 to mess with. The parts are currently at the machinest being worked on.

His current game plan (In which I told him make a plan and stick to it) is a zero deck 360, shift kit the trans and add 3.90's to the rear.

We have discussed a few builds and how to run low 12's in the street, which is where he wanted to be. That is the cars current path. He was about to start the body work when he toasted the engine.

Damn shame...and just think; you were my inspiration. You better do something else real quick.....

'73 Cuda 4spd w/4.10. The list is long on the what is has.
Currently, the new 360 has a leak somewhere, I'm thinking rear main, but that remains to be seen.
It is a basket case or close to it that I have had 20+ years.

Purchased for the big whooooopin $600 back in the day, this car has done nothing but run hard, and been put away wet and then awakened early to do it again and again and again.

100_1006.jpg

100_1003.jpg

100_0959.jpg

LOL @ the Bomber! Digging up this ol'thread.

I'm currently working on a '71 400/727/8-3/4 rear Duster. I see it very rarely. I'm working every last bit of OT they wanna give me. You will not see that build in a thread for a long time, but, it will be aptly named. Once I think of a name. I'll take some suggestions though......

I see this is an old thread. I'm also old. Please forgive my question.

Did you ever do anything with the 71 bb Duster?

-
Back